CIT Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIT Financial Analyst Interview Questions

2.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIT.

Interview

The interview is purely behavioral. Go through my resume. Ask me about my programming experience, the language I used for web programming, can I use SQL, why am I interested in their company, my favorite project.

Interview Questions

• Programming experience, why am I interested in the company, talk about a project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CIT

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIT.

Interview

Very interesting process. Applied through school site, had on campus interview a few weeks later. Three 30 min interviews. First with an MD covering basic info about company and experience, second with HR rep about culture/behaviorals, last with VP. VP spoke for 5mins and you have to continue convo for 25mins.

Interview Questions

• HR Rep: I am a music major with no financial knowledge and $1000 to invest, how would advise me on investing for the first time.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIT.

Interview

Firm recruited at my school, submitted an application, and got a first round on campus. Interviewer couldn't have been more friendly and helpful in describing the position and his own experiences at the firm. Heard back within a week that I was invited to the superday a month away. Only interviewed with one group within Corporate Finance that I had selected. Had 4 30 minute interviews with VPs and MDs in the group, all of whom were easy to talk to. They asked mostly behavioral questions and questions about former job experiences. All in all it was a great experience and enjoyed talking with everyone I met.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, typical technical questions on valuation and banking   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIT.

Interview

First round interview consisted of both technical and fit questions. The interviewer began with typical "walk me through your resume" and then proceeded to ask in-depth questions about each work experience. For example, the interviewed asked about how comparable analysis was done and what EBITDA meant. After this, the interviewer proceeded to ask about the text-book definition of "distressed companies" and a plethora of other questions such as what are examples of net working capital for an IT staffing company. (All of the above questions relate to my own work experience.)

Interview Questions

• The questions themselves weren't difficult; but beware of specifics. For example, if you say that you've done market research on the number of households using fiber optics as opposed to cable, you better remember the exact number of households and how you got there as well as what it means.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIT (New York, NY).

Interview

1) Submitted application (resume and cover letter) to on-campus recruitment posting for Financial Analyst Program.
    2) Followed up by HR who scheduled three separate phone interviews with an MD and two Directors over the course of two weeks. All fit with a focus on why banking and CIT.
    3) Invited to final round several weeks later. Superday consisted of six back-to-back, one-on-one interviews with VPs, Directors, and MDs. Mostly fit with several standard technical questions.
    4) Offered position soon thereafter.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CIT (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

Standard targeting interviewing beginning at the college or university level. First round interview was 1:1. Follow up was at HQ in New York. Prior to arriving for Super Day, was asked to submit group preferences. Met with two groups consisting of 4 interiviews (1:1) for each group. Total of 8 interviews. Interviews were both technical and fit, but more so fit.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, technical questions around accounting   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked for extension to accept offer, granted 1 week.