CITGO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CITGO Interview Questions

2.6

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Automation Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CITGO.

Interview

30 minute interview with possible boss. He first spent 10 minutes explaining the position and details about the internship. He then asked me several questions about things I had put on my resume and also why I was applying and hoping to get out of the internship. I would be working under him, and then his boss got on the phone and talked to me for a little.

Operator Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CITGO (Lemont, IL).

Interview

I had these interviews over 11yrs ago. So the process maybe different.

There are 2 separate interviews. interviews occur with one person. Interview is conversational. I mean they are trying to get certain questions answered. I don't remember too much about the interviews to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Look at this schedule. Can you work these swing shifts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered the job which is Union for a set hourly rate.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CITGO.

Interview

Day long experience including multiple interviews, refinery tour, benefits presentation, and interaction with employees. The interviews were led by managers of different parts of the refinery. They asked a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict   Answer Question

Gas Station Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherwood, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CITGO (Sherwood, AR) in September 2015.

Interview

I came in and told her a little bit about me and my situation and the next 2 days I was working I wanna be somebody One day I wanna make my family and parents proud of me for once on my life I can do anything I set my mind to do I promise!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You just have to want it and put your mind to it and do it!!

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CITGO (Houston, TX).

Interview

95% behavioral/circumstantial questions. "Describe a time..." It was a committee interview and they took turns asking questions. There were some technical questions pertaining to the required experience needed. It took about an hour. Most of the questions involved conflict resolution.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you mediated a conflict, what you suggested and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted offer as is.

Associate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CITGO (Corpus Christi, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

After the career fair had one on campus interview then got invited for the final on site interview. I was interviewed by the HR person. She was very friendly and comfortable to talk to. We related to eachother because we were both "Go Getters"

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CITGO.

Interview

The interview process was structured, but allowed plenty of flexibility to ask questions and understand the environment. The panel consisted of members across many departments which I found nice. I met with the director 1-on-1 which was a good experience as well.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Help Desk IT Operations Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CITGO (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Citgo HR called me about two to three weeks after I had applied for the job online and I was set up with an interview. The interview consisted of a group panel with the manager, supervisor, and two leads. They all asked behavioral questions "Tell me about a time when you...." which was 90% of the interview. The remaining 10% of the interview process consisted of me asking them questions about the job and them asking me about three technical questions total. The interview was an hour long as scheduled. They have awesome benefits and 401K. Citgo has a gym for employees, showers, cafe that serves breakfast and lunch, and a parking garage. The position is a 12 hour shift 6pm-6am Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The role is a combination of software support, network configuration, and network security. I was informed that I will receive a phone call for an offer or an email for no offer within two weeks. Interview was not as technical as I thought it would be. Very little technical aptitude questions. Very professional environment mostly everyone there was in business attire and some were dressed as business casual. No second round interviews for the position. Dow Chemicals is next to Citgo. ConocoPhillips, BP, Shell, and ExxonMobil are nearby in the same area.

Interview Questions

• I was not expected to be asked salary expectations, however, I did research on the position's salary prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CITGO in July 2014.

Interview

One meeting. Super easy make them laugh and like you. The like to laugh. Then send thank you note. They like thank you notes. Be honest and complementary. Don't lie to them just be yourself. Nothing more to it. Pretty easy hiring process

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CITGO in June 2014.

Interview

There was not much of an interview. He wanted to make sure I understood I would not be getting paid for training once I learned the register I would be put on the payroll

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions, he just explained the details of each job that he needed done and that only cooking I would get paid for until I learned the register   Answer Question