CITGO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CITGO Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2016

2.6

Automation Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CITGO.

Interview

30 minute interview with possible boss. He first spent 10 minutes explaining the position and details about the internship. He then asked me several questions about things I had put on my resume and also why I was applying and hoping to get out of the internship. I would be working under him, and then his boss got on the phone and talked to me for a little.

Operator Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CITGO (Lemont, IL).

Interview

I had these interviews over 11yrs ago. So the process maybe different.

There are 2 separate interviews. interviews occur with one person. Interview is conversational. I mean they are trying to get certain questions answered. I don't remember too much about the interviews to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Look at this schedule. Can you work these swing shifts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered the job which is Union for a set hourly rate.

Anonymous Employee in Sherwood, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CITGO (Sherwood, AR) in September 2015.

Interview

I came in and told her a little bit about me and my situation and the next 2 days I was working I wanna be somebody One day I wanna make my family and parents proud of me for once on my life I can do anything I set my mind to do I promise!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You just have to want it and put your mind to it and do it!!

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CITGO.

Interview

Day long experience including multiple interviews, refinery tour, benefits presentation, and interaction with employees. The interviews were led by managers of different parts of the refinery. They asked a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CITGO in July 2014.

Interview

One meeting. Super easy make them laugh and like you. The like to laugh. Then send thank you note. They like thank you notes. Be honest and complementary. Don't lie to them just be yourself. Nothing more to it. Pretty easy hiring process

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CITGO (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

It took a bit of time. Called me in for an interview a week after I went in and asked for the job. Asked me a few questions on availability and then began to train me. Training took almost a week. After that you run the store pretty much by yourself.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CITGO (Houston, TX).

Interview

95% behavioral/circumstantial questions. "Describe a time..." It was a committee interview and they took turns asking questions. There were some technical questions pertaining to the required experience needed. It took about an hour. Most of the questions involved conflict resolution.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you mediated a conflict, what you suggested and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted offer as is.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CITGO (Baltimore, MD) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I came in and sat down and was asked about my past work history in a general kind of way. I was then asked if I thought I would have a problem with basic job functions, like counting cigarettes and doing paperwork. He gave me a small math test and asked about my availability, then said I was hired.

Associate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CITGO (Corpus Christi, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

After the career fair had one on campus interview then got invited for the final on site interview. I was interviewed by the HR person. She was very friendly and comfortable to talk to. We related to eachother because we were both "Go Getters"

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CITGO (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

As a contractor I applied to the position to become a permanent employee. The hiring process is really slow, it could take months. First you go through a phone interview, then a one to one and finally a panel interview integrated by people from HH.RR and the department looking for the person to be hired. The process is fair, but slow.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike the most of the company?   1 Answer