CIty and County of Honolulu, Hawaii Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 10 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at CIty and County of Honolulu, Hawaii

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIty and County of Honolulu, Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in Jul 2020

Interview

Interview is very organized, due to high volume of applicants we had to do a group interview. Interviewers explained the questions well and made a very comfortable environment. As long as you go in for the interview with full knowledge of what is expected of you, then everyone should do okay.

Interview Questions
  • How would you contribute on solving the problem of homelessness in Hawaii?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at CIty and County of Honolulu, Hawaii (United States)

Interview

Really brief, not very many questions, as long as you have common sense you could get this job, if you work summer fun, it would be very easy to get the job working at the park

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with a homeless person who comes into the park?

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at CIty and County of Honolulu, Hawaii (Honolulu, HI)

Interview

3-4 people panel interview set-up. In-charge person reads a script prior to start of the interview. Behavioral based scenario questions and taking notes during interview is discouraged.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your experience on how do you maintain a client's case file.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 11 months. I interviewed at CIty and County of Honolulu, Hawaii (Honolulu, HI)

Interview

Usually a panel interview of 3 to 6 people but that all depends on the position or department that you would be working for. They usually hold interviews at the admin office of the department but that varies as well. It can be intimidating at first but it gets easier as the interview progresses. It usually last about 30 minutes more/less.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want for this department and what kinds of skills do you offer?
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at CIty and County of Honolulu, Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in Aug 2015

Interview

Intense and 5 man panel and lots of questions and about 2 hours for the interview. 40 questions and more and review of my resume. Questions and answer period furthered the interview and further information about the job and requirements

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if your Supervisor asked you to do something you didn't agree with?

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at CIty and County of Honolulu, Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in Jan 2014

Interview

Submit application online, interview over phone or in person. Process takes many months. The in-person interview is in front of a panel of 4 people in management positions at the zoo. They ask you very specific questions about how to do certain things, safety protocol, and other experiences you have. They grade you on a point system and if you don't hit key terms or points, you don't get points, and will not be considered or the position.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at CIty and County of Honolulu, Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in Sep 2013

Interview

First, you will need to apply online, submit resume, copy of diploma, transcripts. About 2 months after the online application submitted, you will receive a email to inquire if you are still available for interview, then schedule a face to face interview (no phone interview allowed). Then they will do background check.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle emergency? Give us an example.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIty and County of Honolulu, Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in Feb 2013

Interview

Panel style interview with mainly situational type questions; included a hands on testing performance to write a resume and cover letter, use of company computer programs and timed testing period.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CIty and County of Honolulu, Hawaii

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIty and County of Honolulu, Hawaii in Mar 2011

Interview

while awaiting the panel portion of the interview, I was provided with the job description and other informational material. At the interview, I was asked a non-rated question to start off. It referred to the position description and my views on the homeless problem and how this job would relate. The following 6 questions or so quesitoned my experience in relation to the duties of the job (ie how have I dealt with irate customers, work experience in human services industry); the last two parts of the interview process included a written skills test to test my math abilities and a writing sample portion.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIty and County of Honolulu, Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in Jan 2010

Interview

one interview with three people on the panel. got hired.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews