CJ Affiliate by Conversant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CJ Affiliate by Conversant (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I arrived and had to take a 50 question text in 12 minutes.. multiple choice on the computer. It wasn't difficult, but I definitely didn't do well because I was sort of rushing to answer as many as possible. I wasn't prepared to take this nor was I told that I wasn't expected to finish it, so I rushed quite a bit. Then I was taken to a panel interview. 3 people interviewed me. I was in the conference room with them for about 2 hours. It was very conversational and I was comfortable. However, that was way too long. I felt that it got a bit repetitive. I also developed a migraine halfway through so the extra hour was painful.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CJ Affiliate by Conversant (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I came in from out of town to interview at Commission Junction. I had 6 interviews in a row and it was exhausting. For the most part all people that I met with were sociable and amiable.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, how does affiliate marketing compare to other channels, say display?   1 Answer

Negotiation

ALWAYS negotiate. I negotiated a 10% increase from my initial offer. I went back and forth a ton but it is worth it. Affiliate marketing is pretty niche so you have good leverage if you are a good candidate.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CJ Affiliate by Conversant (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There are way too many people. They only select few from the group. It was really basic, simple java excises. You do it with an teammate (an employer from CJ ) and there is a section checking your professional background. Nothing tricky, it is really simple and straightforward. I went with few classmates together, none of us get an offer.

Interview Questions

• what is good code? Talk about your school project, etc.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CJ Affiliate by Conversant.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a recruiter and then you schedule a phone interview with a developer. I didn't make it to the next round but i am sure you get an in person after. This was one of the best interview experiences I have had. The recruiter was always helpful and responded to my email's within 24 hours. Also I had to postpone my interview twice and they were accommodating, no questions asked. They also give you a study guide as to what you should know and for the position. The developer I was interviewing with was very helpful and patient.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CJ Affiliate by Conversant (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview took about 1 to 1.5 hour with an software engineer from the company. First, he just asked me a bunch of questions about how I will say object-oriented programming is better and define some keywords related to OOP. Also expect some behavioral questions. And then I did two coding questions. One is just write a design for a card game and the other is write code that print out the first and second largest number from the input numbers. You can use your favorite programming language.

Interview Questions

• Tell me and define some key words that make object-oriented programming better.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CJ Affiliate by Conversant (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

My experience interviewing with CJ by Conversant was extremely positive! Although I wasn't able to secure a position, I found their interview process very fair and thorough.

The process was divided into three parts: phone interview, online technical challenge, and a 3-hour onsite. Throughout the way, the interviewers were very welcoming and reasonable in their line of questioning. There were no "gotcha" type questions, and they gave a lot of room for me to inject any relevant areas of expertise that I might have. Unlike many other companies, I was given very helpful, constructive feedback at each step, which I was extremely grateful for. I got the impression that the company culture was very forward-thinking.

Overall, it was a great experience, and I would definitely interview with this company again in the future.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at CJ Affiliate by Conversant (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was originally contacted by email about the open positions. After that I did a phone screening on topics such as TDD and OOP, did well on that. Next I had a technical interview with a Lead. He asked me some design questions and how I would OOP design a certain scenario. Next I was flown out for a face to face. They asked me various questions about code quality, TDD, OOP and asked to white board a design. The direction was very minimal on the design and I was often interrupted during my design. I felt they were trying to push me towards a polymorphic approach to a scenario and anything I was doing to stray from their design needed to be corrected. Eventually, the director got up and erased some of my concepts and drew out what they were looking for. We sort of got into a argument/discussion about not clouding things up and keeping things in a Single Responsibility approach vs having an object contain a method to perform a task upon it's self. I thought I did well but I stood my ground and kept providing evidence for why I felt my approach was good. After all, they didn't say design this following these strict rules, they just said design X. I did not receive an offer or any indication that I was no longer being considered, which I feel is unprofessional. I don't think this environment would have been healthy for me due to the interaction I had where I had to basically prove my case and argue as to why I was taking a certain approach to a very open ended design assignment.

Advertising Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CJ Affiliate by Conversant.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and answered some questions. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I then had an in person interview with the hiring manager, 2 people in similar roles, and another more senior person.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say one was more difficult than another, but the main thing was talking about being on a team and handling clients. For instance, what would you do if a client wanted to pursue a strategy that was not productive.   1 Answer

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CJ Affiliate by Conversant.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a hiring director-interview lasted only about 20 minutes but asked a ton of questions. Overall the interview was pretty standard, did not get back to me with a decision until after I sent a follow up email about a week and a half alter.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. What do you know about Affiliate?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CJ Affiliate by Conversant.

Interview

Phone screen with HR -> Phone screen with Director of Client Services -> Cognitive abilities test -> In-person interview with a Sr. AM and 2 Account Directors -> In-person with 6 people for a presentation. The people involved in the process were all incredibly nice and professional. If the position were closer to home I would have absolutely taken it without a doubt. HR followed up immediately after each interview to debrief on how it went and there was complete transparency throughout the process. They have a great culture from what I could tell. All of the questions that were asked were very straightforward and it seemed like the interview was much more geared toward getting a feel for your personality and fit rather than trying to quiz you.

Interview Questions

• How do you get your clients to act when they are stubborn and won't budge?   Answer Question