CMA CGM America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CMA CGM America

2.4

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

3 step process. This is not a place that just hires off the street. You need to know someone to get in the door. You interview with the dept. supervisor and Manager for the position you're applying for. If this goes will you will meet with the director and HR to discuss benefits and salary. This can be overwhelming if you're not used to being double teamed. Lots of questions relating to the job will be ask but other questions regarding your back ground and personal life will be ask. Nothing unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very low key and in private with HR and the director. The supervisors do not know your salary. Very open and easy.

Interview

Filled out online application, was called by hiring manager Patty Reed. Met with her and asked about experiences at previous jobs. Then she left and got my to-be supervisors and I interviewed with them. A few hrs later called me to offer the job. Sent to take drug test. Once had the all clear, brought back in to sign papers.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Miami, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

1- phone interview
    2 human resources
    3 your future boss
    4 and the boss of your boss
    5 then the excel test
    6 then the drug test

is a very typical process nothign weird to add , low pay job

Interview Questions

• typical question ... whats your biggest challenge... present one successful case ...how you overcome mistakes   1 Answer

Transportation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Virginia and she set up an interview at their location in Phoenix. I met with the manager and over the phone with the director. They asked standard behavioral questions from a sheet of paper. I never got a response after the interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

I had one panel interview that lasted about two hours. I interviewed with different department managers to try and see where I would best be suited.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation. They asked what I made at my last job and then told me what I would be making with them.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview took place in a conference room which started with HR. It then continued up the ladder ending with the director of the department. Asked the typical questions to see if there was an understanding of the company and industry. Questions then put you in scenarios and asked how you would react, deal, or handle the issue. Friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• What is the proudest business moment in your life?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult situation you have encountered and how did you handle and contribute to the outcome?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Whenever you apply for any position, you have to first interview with HR person, then dept hiring. They both have forms of questions they HAVE to ask, which is irritating and seems pointless when you interview for more than one positions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CMA CGM America.

Interview

Received a phone call asking about myself, salary requirements, what I would be interested in applying for (had a couple of different options). Then I came in for an in-person interview. Interviewed with HR Manager, and then with Manager of my department. HR interview was typical, but the Manager of the department basically just told me about the position.

Interview Questions

• Who are three people in history you'd want to have a conversation with the most?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate.

Inter-modal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was first contacted via phone, followed by a face-to-face interview with two department heads.

Interviewed separately, with each department head.

Interview was very relax and had a conversational tone.

Interviewers were very quick to respond and provided great feedback.

Interview Questions

• Please describe how your level of experience could pertain to the overall effectiveness of your department.   Answer Question

Equipment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with HR rep in the lobby at a predetermined time. HR rep provided escort to a conference room. HR rep provided the company overview and initiated a short interview, lasting about 30 minutes. HR rep then walked me over to another conference room to interview with the manager and supervisor of the team. Very straight forward interview, not at all an intimidating experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker and how you went about addressing the issue?   Answer Question