CMA CGM America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CMA CGM America Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CMA CGM America in March 2017.

Interview

Got a call from HR, asked questions about salary, hours, and scheduling an interview.
    1st day-
    Interviewed with HR rep, then Truck manager/supervisor then rail manager/supervisor.
    Got a call the next day for a follow up interview for the day after.
    2nd day-
    Interviewed with director of intermodal.
    Next day I got called for a job offer and the day after I signed my offer letter.

Over all very positive experience. Everyone was very kind and professional. Each interview took 30-45 mins (3 the first day; 1 the second day). Questions weren't incredibly difficult, mostly scenarios questions and examples of how I handled something in the past.

Interview Questions

• which environment do you think is better
      team or individual   1 Answer
    • when dealing with customers is it better to be friendly or profession   1 Answer
    • give me an example of a time when you had a disagreement with a Co worker and how you handled it   Answer Question

Equipment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with HR rep in the lobby at a predetermined time. HR rep provided escort to a conference room. HR rep provided the company overview and initiated a short interview, lasting about 30 minutes. HR rep then walked me over to another conference room to interview with the manager and supervisor of the team. Very straight forward interview, not at all an intimidating experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker and how you went about addressing the issue?   Answer Question

Inter-modal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was first contacted via phone, followed by a face-to-face interview with two department heads.

Interviewed separately, with each department head.

Interview was very relax and had a conversational tone.

Interviewers were very quick to respond and provided great feedback.

Interview Questions

• Please describe how your level of experience could pertain to the overall effectiveness of your department.   Answer Question

Export Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

I did my application online. I received a call back about two weeks later. I did an interview over the phone with the HR manager. After that we scheduled an interview two days later. I went on site and met with the HR manager again. We discussed my resume and my experience. I interviewed with a total of 8 managers that day. All for different departments throughout the building. We discussed normal customer service issues and things that you may encounter. After the interview, I received a call back two days later offering me the job.
    The best advice I can give is to research the company because they will ask you questions about what do you know about the company. Also they are very centered on their customer so you must have great customer service experience and know how to handle Customer even an irate situations.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle irate customers? Are you reliable? Give me five words that describe you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. They were paying $7,000 over what I was making.

Import Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Applied for several positions online and never got an interview. Met with HR rep at a job network event and learned many positions posted are filled internally. Reapplied and followed up with HR rep, she assured me I woukd be contscted once open position available. After 2 weeks, she contacted me and set up an interview. I interviewed initially with HR rep, then with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you define customer service?
      What are your long term / short term goals?
      Tell me about your experience with a difficult customer and how you handled it.
      What makes a good supervisor/manager?
      How would you deal with coworker that isn't doing fair share of work?
      What is your salary expectation?
      Tell me about yourself..   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, felt job offer was fair for my level of experience.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Miami, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

1- phone interview
    2 human resources
    3 your future boss
    4 and the boss of your boss
    5 then the excel test
    6 then the drug test

is a very typical process nothign weird to add , low pay job

Interview Questions

• typical question ... whats your biggest challenge... present one successful case ...how you overcome mistakes   1 Answer

Export Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

The entire process took about 3 weeks. I submitted my resume on a friday night and got a phone call around 7pm on the following tuesday for a pre-interview screening. After that phone call was finished I had a scheduled interview two days later. The interview went great. Basically just wanted to get to know you. Asked a lot of questions pertaining to my resume. Told me to describe my work ethic. Also asked how I found out about this company. I interviewing with HR manager first and then the head department manager with the supervisor second. I got a phone call later on that evening asking if I would come in for a second interview. My interview wasn't schedule for 2 weeks because of the Holidays (Christmas and New Years). My second interview was on a friday and this time it was for a different "internal" position. The HR manager felt this job would be a better fit, and she was right! Basically, during the second interview they told me about the job positon for 30mins and told me to ask questions. We discussed benefits, etc. Late monday night, I got another phone call offering me the job. I must say I am very pleased with the company so far. They handle interviews and following up with you very professionally. When the HR manager said she was going to call/e-mail me on such and such date she did. The entire interview process was not stressful at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with an irrate customer over the phone. How well do you handle work under pressure?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Job offered 10k more than what I am currently making so I am satisfied. For an entry level "customer service" position, they provide you top dollar in my opinion.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

3 step process. This is not a place that just hires off the street. You need to know someone to get in the door. You interview with the dept. supervisor and Manager for the position you're applying for. If this goes will you will meet with the director and HR to discuss benefits and salary. This can be overwhelming if you're not used to being double teamed. Lots of questions relating to the job will be ask but other questions regarding your back ground and personal life will be ask. Nothing unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very low key and in private with HR and the director. The supervisors do not know your salary. Very open and easy.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CMA CGM America.

Interview

Received a phone call asking about myself, salary requirements, what I would be interested in applying for (had a couple of different options). Then I came in for an in-person interview. Interviewed with HR Manager, and then with Manager of my department. HR interview was typical, but the Manager of the department basically just told me about the position.

Interview Questions

• Who are three people in history you'd want to have a conversation with the most?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate.

INBOUND CLOSE COORDINATOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied through my campus career center and got a call about two weeks later. I had a brief phone interview which consisted of them explaining who the company was and the position. They asked basic questions about myself and things on my resume. I then got an interview where i took a typing test and interviewed with the staffing manager one on one and interviewed with the department managers.