CME Group Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.8

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Dropped resume at career fair and applied online shortly after. About a week later, a recruiter reached out to me and we scheduled an interview. I was very sick at the time of my scheduled interview and the recruiter was very kind and rescheduled (unlike Groupon). I only had a phone screen. During the phone screen, I walked them through my resume and had a simple coding question.

Interview Questions

• It had to do with sets, reversing strings. The details are fuzzy. It wasn't too bad, but I wasn't prepared. I'm sure the interview questions after the phone screen are more difficult.   Answer Question

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

the interview process left a lot to be desired - the person in charge of interviews in chicago from their human resources was not responsive after the interview where as prior to the interview he was very active and trying to solicit your time in any way possible. There was no word from CME as far as feedback is concerned even after having a good interview. The interview in itself was ok and the content of the interview was in fact good - it was a case study/presentation method. But I did get the boys club feeling during the interview - it was a group of all men making internal jokes and overall respect factor was missing. I would suggest taking your candidacy to more serious and professional setups.

Interview Questions

• they made me write a whiteboard with what changes i will do to to the system given a certain data flow   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online in CME group's career website. Got a email from HR one day to schedule a phone interview. There are a Pricing Director and a Senior Pricing Analyst as the interviewers. The whole process took like 2-3 weeks from getting the email, phone interview and telling me the result.
    The interview basically focused on the resume and asked some scenarios that might occur in work

Corporate Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Relatively straightforward with mainly fit questions. Very little technical outside asking about financial modeling experience on the superday. Phone screen with HR and then someone on the team. Then brought in for a superday with 5 30-min interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why CME? Why this position? Tell me about your financial modeling experience? Tell me a time about _____ (usual personality fit questions)   Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

15 min phone conversation followed by take home coding assessment. Although I was able to answer all questions within the coding challenge, CME group never responded to my requests for feedback until I told him that I would write a terrible review about their interview process if they didn't respond. Here I am writing the terrible review.

Interview Questions

• Take home coding test

Spin up a spark EMR instance and parse ~ 10 million records worth of trade data by column type using the spark language of your choice.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with CME recruiter. Phone call with department manager. Then in person interview with direct contacts. I was asked questions regarding experience and my opinion in hypothetical situations

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations regarding clients?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First round: phone call interview. Walk me through your resume, and technical questions w.r.t. brain teaser, basic probability, option pricing, SQL database, CS concepts, OTC market practices. Two or three questions for each part. Not hard.

Second round, which is also the final round: on-site interview. Three interviews with 6 pp, 2 pp each interview. Again, similar but obscure questions.

I would say the overall interview is not hard if you know how to prepare for it. However, interview questions are not very related to job description. I was asked a lot CS concepts and principles, which clearly I didn't expect for this Data Analyst role.

Interview Questions

• How to find k th largest number in an array?   1 Answer
    • What are the principles of OOP programming?   1 Answer
    • What are the design principles of C++?   1 Answer
    • Black-Scholes-Merton formula, basic concepts, greeks   Answer Question
    • How to short vega and long gamma, or short gamma and long vega using European call options only?   1 Answer
    • What are the differences between Python and C++?   1 Answer

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online in January 2017 and received a phone call from one of the employees who wanted to do a quick resume review. I received the call on March 17th and went over my resume and some skills. Then I got a call from HR a few weeks later for an in-person interview at their Chicago office on 31st March. The interview was handled smoothly, I interviewed with the Innovation Lab group which consisted of SQL questions and some computation/algorithmic questions along with deep reviews of my projects, academic and professional. I got the offer on April 4th. Quick turnaround and the recruiter was super sweet.

Interview Questions

• SQL query debugging, fairly easy if you know joins, aggregate functions etc   Answer Question
    • Probability based questions - the expectation of winning a game given a coin with bias, heads is win, tails is loss. Reward is $10 for win and $0 for loss, with a $1 fee to play the game   Answer Question
    • Algorithmic/time complexity - Given two arbitrarily large lists (L1 and L2) of integers, +ve and -ve, and a random integer k, write an algorithm to find pairs (a,b) such that a+b=k for all a in L1, b in L2   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

A 2-part phone interview. One HR based call followed by situational questions and experience review. 30-minute Programming quiz to be taken in a choice of language. Not too hard in Python.

Interview Questions

• Basic iteration through a nested list (python)   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter from the company and had a 15 minute talk about the position. We scheduled a phone interview with a Software developer which consisted of coding fundamentals questions and a 30 minute live coding challenge. After that interview, I was invited to interview with the company in Chicago. The on-site interview consisted of a coding question, lunch with 2 developers, a tour of the building, and another coding question. Overall, was a good experience, the developers were interesting to talk to, but I did not have enough experience as a non-cs major to qualify for the job.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Arrays and Linked Lists?
      What is Polymorphism?