CME Group Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CME Group Intern Interview Questions

2.4

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CME Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple phone screening for 15 minutes. Mostly discussed the company and what the job experience would be like. Very simple and easy. Got a call back with an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CME Group

Intern Interview

Interview

Met at campus career fair. Nice folks. Invited that evening to on-campus interview. Difficult technical question for those not well-versed in basic data structures, but went well for me. Later invited to Chicago location for 4 interviews (two were informal, two were technical) and a tour of their Global Command Center. Seemed like genuine people.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview. The woman was relatively friendly. She did most of the talking as it was an employee referral that got me the interview. Wanted to here about my use of office. What my skills and proficiencies were

Interview Questions

• Asked about what courses I took   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a representative at our career fair and was told to apply online. They accept applications on a rolling admission basis. Over a month after applying I received an email about scheduling a phone interview. I responded the day after and got a confirmation the week after that the phone call would be a week after (2 weeks after congrats lets schedule an interview). A week after the interview, which I thought had gone exceptionally well, I was rejected. They really don't know what they missed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your previous experiences?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your favorite classes?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group in April 2014.

Interview

- Applied online and had a phone interview with the manager
    - The phone interview took about 30 min
    - Mostly behavioral questions and some technical questions about derivatives and CME Group's products (futures, options, and swaps)
    - Heard back from HR in a few days
    - Accepted the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Rougly 1-2 hour phone interview, followed by an invitiation to an on site interview. The on site interview consisted of meeting with two software engineers, followed by a seperate meeting with two managers (or at least some people higher up the ladder).

Interview Questions

• Fizzbuzz
      Can you do it without using modulo?   Answer Question
    • How would you architect a zoo using java classes and interfaces?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at CME Group (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Just go through the resume,they are very nice

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was as follows: resume drop, phone interview, and then two rounds of in-person interviews. I made it to the second to last interview. I found the interviews to be pretty relaxed. It obviously helps a lot if you know someone currently working at CME. There were a lot of applicants for the position.

Interview Questions

• There were some specific questions about financial modeling in Excel   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Got an email for an on-site interview with the team. The interview lasted about an hour with 3 members of the team. They asked me about my past experiences, and explained what the role consisted of. A couple days later, I was asked to fill out some paperwork. The following day, I was called by an HR rep with an offer from manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Received a conference call with two executives of the firm, who asked basic questions regarding previous work experience, course load, and experience in the field. Overall, they were very courteous, albeit a little detached, and gave the impression that they were simply going through the motions (can't say I blame them). All in all, a very standard, run-of-the-mill interview, for which review of typical questions ("Tell us about yourself," "what can you tell us about our company?", and the like) should be adequate