CME Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CME Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.9

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CME Group.

Interview

The interview process wasn't that bad. I got an interview immediately after talking to them at my university's career fair. The guy was pretty intimidating, but that may have been because it was my first interview. If you get an interview, make sure to keep talking about your thought process and don't freeze up - that's where I made my mistake.

Software Engineering Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group in February 2017.

Interview

It was very straight-forward. There was a phone interview where we went over the résumé and focused on the projects I have done. Then it was a technical interview where I had 30 minutes to tackle a coding problem. After that there is an onsite interview at their headquarters.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group in February 2017.

Interview

Had online coding interview. The phone connection dropped in the middle and the interviewer was not sure if the coderpad was working properly. Overall it was a bit of a messy interview

Interview Questions

• data structure question - didn't specify time limit but i ended up going for an hour   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

A 2-part phone interview. One HR based call followed by situational questions and experience review. 30-minute Programming quiz to be taken in a choice of language. Not too hard in Python.

Interview Questions

• Basic iteration through a nested list (python)   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter from the company and had a 15 minute talk about the position. We scheduled a phone interview with a Software developer which consisted of coding fundamentals questions and a 30 minute live coding challenge. After that interview, I was invited to interview with the company in Chicago. The on-site interview consisted of a coding question, lunch with 2 developers, a tour of the building, and another coding question. Overall, was a good experience, the developers were interesting to talk to, but I did not have enough experience as a non-cs major to qualify for the job.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Arrays and Linked Lists?
      What is Polymorphism?
      What is a HashMap?
      What is Serialization?
      What is Multi-Threading?
      And 3 coding questions.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The overall process was fine but for the onsite interview I arrived at the hotel and was asked to pay for the hotel through my own credit card because the recruiter was having issues booking a proper hotel. I have been waiting for my reimbursement for almost 5 months now. The HR department has showed a great deal of unprofessionalism in this regard.

Trade Execution Systems Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group.

Interview

was a phone call. two interviewers.mostly question on java (basic and advanced level) including collections,design patterns. basic questions on sql and linux and some behavioral questions. the job role was basically on testing and so I was asked about my previous experience in testing but unfortunately i did not have had any experience in that field

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

HR phone interview was first, followed by three more interviews 45 minutes each. Interviews were with senior directors and existing investigators. There weren't many technical questions, mostly questions about how you might approach certain investigative situations. There were questions about technical skills, Excel skills and data analysis ability.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with pivot tables?   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CME Group.

Interview

They are eager to get the intern who can work immediately. They didn't ask too much about the tools you know, but the algorithm and statistics background you have.

very standard process, self intro, company/products, knowledge about the statistics and when you can work.

Interview Questions

• Self intro
      knowledge about the company
      algorithm and statistics
      Answer Question

CME Number Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted by CME directly. Process was simple, a quick call after which they brought me in for an in-person interview. Both stages were fine, pretty straightforward.
    However, despite the in-person interview and a promise to hear back after a week, nobody ever bothered to contact me again! After reaching out to them 4 more times to see whether I was still in the running, I gave up. Nothing, not even a quick note that I was out or anything. Apparently CME has 0 manners (or at least their HR), or incredibly poor internal communication. Frankly, if they were to contact me again I would tell them to shove it, since I wouldn't even want to work for a company that treats people like that.