CME Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

87 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a week later for a phone screening. A month after the phone screening I received a call requesting an onsite interview with eight people. The day of the interview I ended up meeting with six of the eight. Ironically, the hiring manager called in sick the day of the interview. Having worked in the trading industry for over a decade, I am well aware the industry has been declining for years. You'd think CME with their monopoly would be doing ok, but I got an overwhelming feeling from the people I interviewed with that the exchange was not doing all that well, which wasn't surprising given the current climate in the industry. Through the interview I learned that almost all of their development is done overseas in either Ireland, Argentina, or India. Of the six people I met with two were decent, the other four were not impressive at all. In fact, I'd describe them as deadweight. I never heard anything back after the interview, which didn't surprise me. I can say with confidence the interview was the worst I've ever been on and was a total waste of time. In the weeks after the interview I've spoken with my colleagues in the industry about my experience and all have heard similar stories to mine.

Interview Questions

• How good are you at gathering requirements?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

I was asked typical behavioral questions. Then I was told a little bit about the company. Soon after, we jumped straight into the coding challenge. Afterwards, I was able to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with conflict on your team.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CME Group.

Interview

Short phone call with on person. it was a short call over the phone. The phone call was with someone from the HR I spoke with them less than 5 minutes.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group in October 2017.

Interview

After OA, I interviewed with one of the software engineers. The coding question was standard but hard. The interviewer was nice. We went over my resume and then a 30 min coding challenge.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

one of the recruiter submitted my resume and i got a call from HR and he did setup my call with Hiring Manager. HIring manager was nice, After 20 mins of conversation, I was unable to asnwer one question and suddenly he said, do you have any question. And cut the call.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CME Group.

Interview

I interviewed with a senior risk analyst. She started out asking me about a relevant project experience, and advanced to 1-2 tech methods I used. A few questions about relative theories. Closed with a few maths questions.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CME Group.

Interview

First was asked questions about what decisions I would make in certain scenarios and then had a coding section. The interviewer was very kind and informative on the process that proceeds the first section.

Interview Questions

• Expect to go through a coding section where you have to try and solve a problem they provide   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn Pitt, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CME Group (Penn Pitt, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position in the school career fair and I got the on-campus interview the next day. I have to say they are so efficient. It was a nice conversation and the two interviewers are really nice and easy-going.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CME Group.

Interview

Applied on the CME career website. 2 weeks later, received a 30 min phone interview with HR. Went through my resume, pending offers/interviews I currently have, and 2 questions I'm assuming pertains to the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you negotiated with shareholders or clients

Tell me a time you minimized risk in your work   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Dropped resume at career fair and applied online shortly after. About a week later, a recruiter reached out to me and we scheduled an interview. I was very sick at the time of my scheduled interview and the recruiter was very kind and rescheduled (unlike Groupon). I only had a phone screen. During the phone screen, I walked them through my resume and had a simple coding question.

Interview Questions

• It had to do with sets, reversing strings. The details are fuzzy. It wasn't too bad, but I wasn't prepared. I'm sure the interview questions after the phone screen are more difficult.   Answer Question