CME Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.9

199 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The total time took around two months of time. I applied online, and then two weeks later I got a link to an online assesment. After a week they told me they wanted to set up a phone interview. 30 minutes had behavioral questions and the other 30 minutes was an average coding problem. After a week they invited me on site, which was an hour coding problem, an hour for lunch with two employees, and then lastly an hour for a system design question. They also gave me a tour of the building. The coding problem was about as difficult as the phone one. The lunch was just casual chat about myself, and time to ask any questions i had. Lastly the design part was the most challenging one, and I did not finish solving and ran out of time. Everyone there was really friendly and helpful though if I had any questions they were quick to answer. A month after the onsite I was given an offer to join for the summer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CME Group.

Interview

Started with a coding challenge of 4-5 questions. Then was a phone interview with some behavioral questions/getting to know you stuff and one coding question and then finally an onsite interview which had a one hour design challenge and a one hour coding challenge. The coding questions were mostly string manipulation and data structure related however were not trivial. The design challenge was very abstract and I was not expecting something like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was sent an online coding challenge to complete, had a phone interview afterwards with one of their software engineers and got invited to an on-site interview at their headquarters where I met several software engineers in different teams.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was invited to a phone interview one week after finishing the initial screen. The phone interview lasted for an hour. We went through the resume, talked about some behavior problems for 20 minutes and then had a coding problem. The interviewer was very nice and is willing to help if you have any question about the coding problem.

Senior IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a week later for a phone screening. A month after the phone screening I received a call requesting an onsite interview with eight people. The day of the interview I ended up meeting with six of the eight. Ironically, the hiring manager called in sick the day of the interview. Having worked in the trading industry for over a decade, I am well aware the industry has been declining for years. You'd think CME with their monopoly would be doing ok, but I got an overwhelming feeling from the people I interviewed with that the exchange was not doing all that well, which wasn't surprising given the current climate in the industry. Through the interview I learned that almost all of their development is done overseas in either Ireland, Argentina, or India. Of the six people I met with two were decent, the other four were not impressive at all. In fact, I'd describe them as deadweight. I never heard anything back after the interview, which didn't surprise me. I can say with confidence the interview was the worst I've ever been on and was a total waste of time. In the weeks after the interview I've spoken with my colleagues in the industry about my experience and all have heard similar stories to mine.

Interview Questions

• How good are you at gathering requirements?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

I was asked typical behavioral questions. Then I was told a little bit about the company. Soon after, we jumped straight into the coding challenge. Afterwards, I was able to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with conflict on your team.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CME Group.

Interview

Short phone call with on person. it was a short call over the phone. The phone call was with someone from the HR I spoke with them less than 5 minutes.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group in October 2017.

Interview

After OA, I interviewed with one of the software engineers. The coding question was standard but hard. The interviewer was nice. We went over my resume and then a 30 min coding challenge.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

one of the recruiter submitted my resume and i got a call from HR and he did setup my call with Hiring Manager. HIring manager was nice, After 20 mins of conversation, I was unable to asnwer one question and suddenly he said, do you have any question. And cut the call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied in a career fair, simple technical question with HR, got an OA after, and received onsite afterward. HR is professional and nice to every applicants. Really good interview experience.