CME Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CME Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.9

Software Engineering Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group in February 2017.

Interview

It was very straight-forward. There was a phone interview where we went over the résumé and focused on the projects I have done. Then it was a technical interview where I had 30 minutes to tackle a coding problem. After that there is an onsite interview at their headquarters.

Corporate Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CME Group in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and two in person interviews. Pretty easy for the most part. HR was fairly disorganized and unresponsive. Had to reschedule interview several times and the process was really slow because of it. Need to improve HR.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CME Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple phone screening for 15 minutes. Mostly discussed the company and what the job experience would be like. Very simple and easy. Got a call back with an offer a few weeks later.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

A 2-part phone interview. One HR based call followed by situational questions and experience review. 30-minute Programming quiz to be taken in a choice of language. Not too hard in Python.

Interview Questions

• Basic iteration through a nested list (python)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Met at campus career fair. Nice folks. Invited that evening to on-campus interview. Difficult technical question for those not well-versed in basic data structures, but went well for me. Later invited to Chicago location for 4 interviews (two were informal, two were technical) and a tour of their Global Command Center. Seemed like genuine people.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter from the company and had a 15 minute talk about the position. We scheduled a phone interview with a Software developer which consisted of coding fundamentals questions and a 30 minute live coding challenge. After that interview, I was invited to interview with the company in Chicago. The on-site interview consisted of a coding question, lunch with 2 developers, a tour of the building, and another coding question. Overall, was a good experience, the developers were interesting to talk to, but I did not have enough experience as a non-cs major to qualify for the job.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Arrays and Linked Lists?
      What is Polymorphism?
      What is a HashMap?
      What is Serialization?
      What is Multi-Threading?
      And 3 coding questions.   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview Questions

• How would you find the size of a loop in a Linked List?   1 Answer
    • How does the Java compiler work?   1 Answer
    • How would you make this process faster, given that a mission critical component of it is taking too long to process (I was later told that the process was often repetitive and that the results were almost always the same).   1 Answer
    • What is the runtime of <Insert data structure here> when it wants to <insert process here>?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

The overall process was fine but for the onsite interview I arrived at the hotel and was asked to pay for the hotel through my own credit card because the recruiter was having issues booking a proper hotel. I have been waiting for my reimbursement for almost 5 months now. The HR department has showed a great deal of unprofessionalism in this regard.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group.

Interview

Phone interview to tech you out. On site interview. Nothing hard at all as long as your skills remain sharp and resume remains true. The people interviewing you are not big shots rather just down to earth people that you get the feeling care more about how your personality would mesh with the team then your skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group in May 2016.

Interview

Initial Interview was just HR confirming my match to the requirements of the position. Next interview was a phone interview for 1 hour, spoke with three different employees of the Corporate Accounting Department. They were of different positions within the department, from beginning position to the department head. All of them had some really interesting questions to ask about my interest towards my studies and the drive to succeed.