CME Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.8

Credit Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was fairly straightforward. Two set of interviews back to back with two individuals in each one. I met with the hiring managers together and two other employees of the same team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CME Group.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter followed by in-person interview with HR team. 2nd round included managers in HR and Head of HR. Mostly behavioral questions. Very thorough technical screen re: previous experience and specific HR knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about CME business (products traded, company info).   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CME Group (New York, NY).

Interview

One day - Three Interviews
    The 30-45 minute interviews which were not too bad, and were more behavioral than anything else.
    I received a call with an offer 3 or 4 days later and had to get a drug test within 24-48 hours of accepting.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through online. I got the mail from the recruiter the next day asking for phone screening.

Then After initial screen, recruiter mailed me asking for technical phone interview. I had taken the interview two days after that. The lead and another software engineer from the team called me for the interview. It was around 30 minutes. They generally asked about core java, SQL, queries. And, Linux which I said I do not have much experience. They asked me any questions from my side. From which, they asked me counter questions regarding the company. Then, I got the offer a week later.

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

They provided a very good overview of the job and did fully explain the duties and explanations. Would have preferred if they had more accurately matched their job positing to the actual position as they were looking for someone far more experienced then even the stretch requirements listed in the posting. Overall, a solid company to work for in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Would you be ok with working in an environment where most everyone sits in open cubicles?   1 Answer

( Data Service Common Reference) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online early in Jan and received call in April. The first round turned out to be a technical round and received offer after a week's time. Technical round mostly focuses on either the academic concentration track or in general academic coursework or if u hav relevant exp, be prepared to be grilled on it. in short, should be able to explain resume details and be proficient in the tech domain

Interview Questions

• Java basics (encap, inherit, polymor), sql basics( sql querying scenarios) , thoroughly went thru previous work ex, sql ( join, distin, grp by etc)
      data structrs- link list, array list, vector
      jsp, jsf and servlets
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Lead Desktop Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CME Group.

Interview

Had a phone interview first than a face to face after a week. After a great interview in person I was very hopeful. They never got back to me and I kept emailing HR for an update. They never gave me a solid answer on if they went with another candidate. Left me high and dry and clueless. Interviewed more than a month ago and still no update. Not a good experience.

Automation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very decent and there were two phone interview rounds which covered both the technical and HR questions. The technical questions mostly included basic Java questions and some questions related to Software Testing as my role would include working on them. Apart from this there were also some questions about by RESUME and the projects I worked on. The overall experience was good hopefully this review is helpful !

Interview Questions

• Java Questions on difference between using String, String Buffer. Also I was asked about the advanced topics in Java like Collections as I have used them in my projects.   Answer Question

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

2 interviews 1 call 1 on-site, I meet with my direct supervisor and the director of the risk management. CME risk team always urgently look for candidates and the whole interview process will not take so long. They are nice to talk and asking about resume, VaR, option pricing like Greeks. You need to make sure that you have a full knowledge about what you have learnt and what you did in your past work experience. I was informed to be brought on board after the second round interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a representative at our career fair and was told to apply online. They accept applications on a rolling admission basis. Over a month after applying I received an email about scheduling a phone interview. I responded the day after and got a confirmation the week after that the phone call would be a week after (2 weeks after congrats lets schedule an interview). A week after the interview, which I thought had gone exceptionally well, I was rejected. They really don't know what they missed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your previous experiences?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your favorite classes?   1 Answer