CMX Austin Marketing and Public Relations Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CMX Austin Marketing and Public Relations Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at CMX Austin

1.0

Marketing and Public Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CMX Austin (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Anyone that looks half normal and has 1/3 of a brain can get this job. First interview lasted 5 min. I spent more time in the waiting room than in the actual interview (10 min). They asked a few VERY basic questions and then told me what they do. Two hours later I got a call inviting me to a 2nd interview. Second interview was a 30 min presentation with about 20 other people. They surprising handed us a test after so don't make the mistake of zoning out during the presentation. I zoned out and left half the questions blank and still got an offer though so don't stress about that. Then they called us all in individually. Again was SUPER short and easy. Later that day got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What qualities make you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CMX Austin

Marketing and Public Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CMX Austin (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Don't get it twisted no matter what they say this is a sales position so if that is your thing then go for it otherwise it is not worth the gas money to drive almost to Lakeway for your 5 minutes first round interview.

The second interview will be a "group interview" where one of the managers (who's the first language is not English) will give you an hour long lecture on basic marketing concepts that you would learn in an entry level marketing class. Even their marketing concepts were outdated and presented in one of the least interesting and rudest ways possible.

After the "class", you take a brief quiz on the information then go straight to your third round interviw, unless you leave in the middle of the presentation (which a few people did). Your third round interview will be with the same manager that you first spoke to where they will try to give you the hard sell on the position. When I told her I was not interested in the position and thanked her for her time she went on a 5-minute rant chastising me, telling me how I was not a good fit for the job. While I disagree with her reasons for why I am not a good fit, I do agree that I am indeed not right for the position. The main reason being I have a brain and independent thought.

They try to shine this job up to be a marketing job but it is not it is standing in the mall and/or Costco and selling cable contracts. Don't be fooled by what their website says or what their employees say.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable talking to people face to face?
      Who are our clients?
      What is the marketing concept of "the law of averages"?
      Why is event marketing the most effective?   Answer Question