CNA Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.8

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Although I didn't get the offer, I actually found it a very good process. They were timely and responsive showing. CNA kept me updated on status, more than any other company I have interviewed with. So while I obviously would think that I was the better candidate, I have to be fair and say they handled the whole thing well. Very professional.

Accounting Rotational Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 home office visit which included a group case study and 2 interviews with leaders in finance. Heard back after 1 week of home office visit. Questions were overall behavioral type.

Predictive Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I had two round phone interviews and I was invited to attend the final interview, which was a back-to-back interview and lasted about 4 hours long. I was asked me some common behavior questions. These questions are easy to answer. I was also asked some problems about how to deal with missing data. This is a little tricky.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through my resume and ask me to wrote code using SQL and R. Ask me some common behavior questions. These questions are easy to answer. I was also asked some problems about how to deal with missing data. This is a little tricky. The interviewers were all very nice and I enjoyed the whole process. At the end of the interview, I was treated for lunch, which was very nice.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

A questionnaire about the courses and a project. First round is an one-hour interview with two part: behavior questions and technique questions. Second round is with the project leader, mainly about specific topics about their projects and behavioral questions. After that, got an on-site interview, which lasted three hours

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply online, passed two round phone screening interview and got onsite interview opportunity. The first two rounds of interview is fairly easy. The final onsite interview lasts half day, which consists of 3 individual interviews plus lunch.

ARBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

After meeting with a representative for about a half hour during a college career fair, I was asked for an in-house interview at CNA's Home Office in Chicago. The overall interview process was extensive, beginning with a networking event the night before and running about 6 hours on the day of. Interview day started with a light breakfast during a presentation about the company, then we broke off for a round of interviews that seemed daunting at first, but was fairly well-organized and fast-paced. Overall, there were two 1-on-1 interviews, a roundtable discussion with an SVP to answer our questions about the company, a group activity, and a lunch with a worker from the company. Throughout the process, you are assigned a "buddy," who is a current member of the ARBA program, and s/he helps take you from place to place while sharing their experience as part of the ARBA program.

Overall, the interviews themselves were mostly behavioral in nature, with some technical focus as well. On the technical side, there was a heavy emphasis on mergers and acquisitions (challenges when acquiring a company, how to consolidate the financial statements, and so forth), as well as some discussion about financial statements in a more general sense. I was told by my buddy that a huge plus is to ask thought-out questions about CNA, so do a little research and show that you understand their business model/current financial standing.

The people were all exceptionally intelligent and personable. The process itself was somewhat grueling, but clearly well thought out and designed in a way to make you feel comfortable. Furthermore, CNA seems to be an extremely fast-paced work environment, and a great place to rise quickly for the ambitious. One thing I will say is that although Accounting is listed in the name of the position (Accounting Rotational Business Associate), I thought the job seemed a little heavier on Finance than Accounting, so adjust your expectations accordingly. I myself was looking for a heavier focus on Accounting, but the position seemed like a wonderful opportunity to learn intensively and grow within the company.

Expecting to receive an offer, I had already decided not to accept, but then was not extended an offer. Evidently, it wasn't a perfect fit for me personally, but it seems like a great company to work for overall, particularly as they move into their new building in 2018.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges a company faces during a merger/acquisition?   Answer Question

Director, Project Management Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview was very easy. The process was courteous and polite. There were not aggressive questions. Just be bold and try to gauge the atmosphere in the room. The company is generally looking to fill particular position and it is not very clear from the description or the title of the position what the actual job in the position is. Hence you have to really push to determine the exact expectations of the position. I enjoyed the interview process.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn, had a 30-minute phone interview, was flown to Chicago HQ for final interview. It took the company three weeks to contact me when I was told to expect a few days before I would know if I got it for not. The company ignored my follow-up emails and calls for two weeks. I had other offers on a deadline, and I ended up accepting another offer before CNA called me back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you worked with a team that did not value your opinion. How did you overcome that?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you worked with an unmotivated coworker or classmate. How did you motivate them?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to utilize creative problem solving skills and fix a problem on the spot.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received reply quickly. Filled out a questionnaire about which courses I have taken and a description of a project. Had two rounds of interview and an onsite interview. The interviewers are all very nice. The process is smooth and quick.

Financial Analysis Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Process was a little unique because they asked me to interview for two positions at the same time. Started with two over the phone interviews with HR. The first was with a lady that wrote down every single thing I said word for word. It was grueling. The second was a higher up recruiter a few days later. She was very pleasant to talk to and I worked with her going forward. This was followed up by two in office interviews. First was a 1 hour panel interview with the first hiring manager and 2 directors, followed up with a 1:1 with the second hiring manger. Second in office consisted of three 1:1 interviews with the VPs a week later.

Initial communication with HR was great. I got consistent updates on the process and where I stand. After the interview process was over I was told I would know within a few days. After a week I still didn't have an answer. HR communication got progressively worse but I was not told I'm out of the running. Two weeks in HR still told me they were making a decision so I just took another offer I had.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions
      Tell me a time...
      How would you handle...
      Why do you want to work for CNA?
      What do you know about the insurance industry?
      What is your financial management strategy and style?
      What is the most recent analytical project you completed?
      How would people at work describe you?
      How would you describe you?   Answer Question