CNA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

2.8

Director, Project Management Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview was very easy. The process was courteous and polite. There were not aggressive questions. Just be bold and try to gauge the atmosphere in the room. The company is generally looking to fill particular position and it is not very clear from the description or the title of the position what the actual job in the position is. Hence you have to really push to determine the exact expectations of the position. I enjoyed the interview process.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CNA.

Interview

Applied online and was called for an interview. Recruiter set up an Interview with the hiring manager. Additional phone interviews with two more Sr leaders and then never heard back. Followed up several times at which time was told there were internal organization changes that they were working through but would get back to me as soon as possible. Would have been fine to hear that they decided to move with a

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about advisers   1 Answer

Triage Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CNA (Reading, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on line. Received phone call from home office for initial phone interview. Interview consisted of 3 persons as I was interviewing for 3 different positions that I applied for in the claim department. Normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Most questions asked requested a situation and a scenario for an answer. Strengths and weakness.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn, had a 30-minute phone interview, was flown to Chicago HQ for final interview. It took the company three weeks to contact me when I was told to expect a few days before I would know if I got it for not. The company ignored my follow-up emails and calls for two weeks. I had other offers on a deadline, and I ended up accepting another offer before CNA called me back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you worked with a team that did not value your opinion. How did you overcome that?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you worked with an unmotivated coworker or classmate. How did you motivate them?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to utilize creative problem solving skills and fix a problem on the spot.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received reply quickly. Filled out a questionnaire about which courses I have taken and a description of a project. Had two rounds of interview and an onsite interview. The interviewers are all very nice. The process is smooth and quick.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Interview

Initially met a recruiter on campus, and then had 2 interviews with 2 different managers a few days later. Interview process was in depth but quick. A week later I had my last interview which was 3 hours long with 6 different managers. 30 min with each manager.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Tell me about a time that you handled a difficult situation with a customer or a coworker ?
      Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CNA (New York, NY).

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter who reached out on LinkedIn, and all seemed well. On the phone call, hey were interested in my background and experience, which went very well. The conversation then turned to compensation. As I answered the question "what are you making now?" I gave a range that I would find appropriate to make me move companies. The recruiter rudely responded with "that's at the top of our range for this position, are you sure that's what you're making?" After being asked that, I decided I wasn't interested in coming to a company more focused about pinching salary pennies rather than paying competitive wages for talent. I declined to schedule an interview. Shame, as I work in a niche that's hard to find experienced people in and CNA is such a great competitor that I thought the opportunity would have been good for both of us. C'est la vie!

Financial Analysis Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Process was a little unique because they asked me to interview for two positions at the same time. Started with two over the phone interviews with HR. The first was with a lady that wrote down every single thing I said word for word. It was grueling. The second was a higher up recruiter a few days later. She was very pleasant to talk to and I worked with her going forward. This was followed up by two in office interviews. First was a 1 hour panel interview with the first hiring manager and 2 directors, followed up with a 1:1 with the second hiring manger. Second in office consisted of three 1:1 interviews with the VPs a week later.

Initial communication with HR was great. I got consistent updates on the process and where I stand. After the interview process was over I was told I would know within a few days. After a week I still didn't have an answer. HR communication got progressively worse but I was not told I'm out of the running. Two weeks in HR still told me they were making a decision so I just took another offer I had.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions
      Tell me a time...
      How would you handle...
      Why do you want to work for CNA?
      What do you know about the insurance industry?
      What is your financial management strategy and style?
      What is the most recent analytical project you completed?
      How would people at work describe you?
      How would you describe you?
      Answer Question

Product Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CNA.

Interview

Met with manager, interviewed with team. Initially met with entire team at a roundtable interview. Three persons asking a number of questions. There were some substantive questions based on my experience. Then I met with hiring manager privately in her office. Eventually met with Vice President of group separately.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my prior experience. Questions were very substantive.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNA.

Interview

Very drawn out process, lots of parties involved, met with multiple individuals who all asked basically the same questions. Started with a long application process and then a phone screening with talent acquisition, followed by a few weeks of no interaction, then a round robin of interviews with various individuals.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales style. How would you start this job?   Answer Question