CNA Underwriter Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CNA Underwriter Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Dec 22, 2016

3.1

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CNA in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy with 5 back to back interviews. Took time to answer any questions.very good interview well organized and set up. Hr was sort of organized. Very slow at getting back

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CNA

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CNA (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview, then was called back for a final round two weeks later. The final round consisted of different interviewers back to back. They were casual interviews, mostly behavioral based questions. The interview process from start to finish was quick and smooth. Everyone was helpful and easy to converse with.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral question. Tell me about a time you encountered a problem/conflict at work or school and how you handled it. Things similar to that.   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CNA in October 2016.

Interview

1 Hour long on campus interview, 30 min each with 2 different employees. Nice people asked basic questions. "Name a time where you've dealt with adversity/ forced to overcome problem"

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CNA (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my school's website and got an email stating that I had been selected to do an on campus interview. Interview was all behavioral questions and the interviewer was really easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to innovate a project to make it more efficient and how you went about doing so.   1 Answer
    • Tell me your biggest strength/weakness.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CNA (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for an Underwriter Trainee position with CNA on campus through my University Career Center. The questions were mostly behavioral questions. The interviewer read off prepared questions and recorded your answers on a laptop.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Interview

Initially met a recruiter on campus, and then had 2 interviews with 2 different managers a few days later. Interview process was in depth but quick. A week later I had my last interview which was 3 hours long with 6 different managers. 30 min with each manager.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Tell me about a time that you handled a difficult situation with a customer or a coworker ?
      Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CNA in February 2016.

Interview

I found the job posting on linkedIn and applied online. About a week later I got an email from a recruiter in Chicago for a brief phone interview and a copy of my transcript. Once the phone interview began the recruiter seemed to be very relaxed and all over the place, giving me the feeling that it would be a very basic and casual interview to learn more about the position. She began to ask me about the college courses I had taken and my GPA. From there she asked what I knew about underwriting and CNA and what I could bring to the company. We ended with personality type questions and was told that if they decided to move forward I would receive an email for an in-house interview within the next two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How much knowledge do you have on underwriting?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a time when you were presented with an opportunity and ran with it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were the leader of a group?   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CNA in August 2015.

Interview

Applied via university, received an email for a phone interview 2 weeks later. Asked a few questions to begin to make sure you're qualified for the program, such as, having a 3.0 gpa, authorized to work in the us, any family members that work for CNA, etc.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CNA.

Interview

I first received a phone interview which went into detail about the position and they asked a few behavioral questions. I was then asked to do an in person interview the following week. The in person was a meeting with two people, an HR specialist and the branch director. The HR specialist was very nice and easy to talk to. I had a great conversation with her. My problem was with the branch director from the moment I sat down for the interview I knew he didn't want to be there. He only asked me one question about how much I knew about surety bonds and explained to me why he's not happy with his job. That was a bit of downer and nobody wants that in their interview. I got a call a week later saying I didn't get the job, but was a very competitive candidate. At least they let you down easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CNA (Anaheim, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a couple weeks later. The phone interview took about 30 minutes. The person who interviewed me was of the opposite sex, which was a plus. Overall, the phone screen was some what of a challenge but if you have researched basic behavioral quesitons, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you coudln't meet customers expectations?   Answer Question