CNH Industrial N.V. Interview Questions in Burr Ridge, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2016

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. (Burr Ridge, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Straight forward process. Met with a team and had a great conversation as opposed to the standard interrogation of how many times did you fail, what makes you so good, etc. Talked about the role and the objectives for the position. Also talked current projects and was given a demo of one of the apps created by the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background   1 Answer

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. (Burr Ridge, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR just to check me out and perhaps vet me. After that I had a phone interview with mainly 2mployees (Project Lead, Technical lead) with the HR and Hiring manager in the phone interview. I was called to an on site interview where I had interviews with HR, Design Lead, Config Management, Technical Lead, Hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• They were interviewing using my resume. The technical lead also asked count the number of set bits in a word. He also asked about different scheduling algorithms for the OS. That was difficult for me since I had not done a whole lot of memorizing about theory.   1 Answer

Systems Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. (Burr Ridge, IL).

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter, then a head recruiter, then HR, then two lead-engineers. All of the interviews went well. The only technical question I received was in regards to blueprint reading/understanding. Other than that the questions were pretty straight forward.

Product Design Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. (Burr Ridge, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was completely over the phone. First there was a pre-screening with HR to make sure I fit all of the qualifications. After that, I had an over the phone interview with what would be my future boss. At the end of the 25 minute or so interview, he told me I was up against 2 other applicants, and that I would here back via email. About a week later I received an email congratulating me.

Interview Questions

• It was a pretty text book interview. I was asked to describe a situation where I had to over come a conflict, and explain step by step how I resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. (Burr Ridge, IL).

Interview

Applied online. Received phone call for screening. I set a time and date for interview, waited for a long time to receive the phone call, but no phone call. Got disappointed. Emailed HR person why nobody called me. After two days, emailed me back he forgot to tell me he has to leave early that day. Horrible!!!! Then we scheduled for another time. The interview process was a joke. He was expecting me to slow down to write my answers. For example, he asked me: tell me about a time you led a project. I started to talk, but interrupted several times, asking to slow down. I have to tell him word by word. So boring interview. He did not know many of technical words I was using. The most unprofessional HR team that I have ever seen. Avoid this company.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience in Pro/E? How many in hydraulics? etc...   Answer Question

Commodity Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. (Burr Ridge, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

-phone interview with HR
    -phone interview with manager and HR
    - Flew into Chicago for the in person interview with HR and the manager
    - 7 to 10 days later job offer came and I accepted the job offer within 3 or 4 days
    - then I went for drug screening and a day or two later I started the job.

Interview Questions

• - tell me about you.
      -questions around my purchasing skills :
       tell me about how your negotiation skills are from your past job experiences.
       do you work well with people?
       why made you leave your last purchasing job?

- what if questions
      - if there is a price increase from supplier A for 30% increase on XX business, what would you do?
      - if there is a supplier stop ship issue, what would you do?
      Answer Question

Product Development Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. (Burr Ridge, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Great experience, I applied and interviewed within 2 weeks, The complete team interviewed and all of them were outstanfding

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a supplier is your only resource for a product and wants to raise prices by 40%. Resourcing is not an option. You are being instructed to not take a price increase.   1 Answer

the offer was a good offer, I had something else working at the time.

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. (Burr Ridge, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

initial phone screen / interview w/ a HR generalist, then phone interview with dept specific HR manager, then brought in for an in person with hiring manager... then compensation negotiations with dept. HR manager.

The over all process is that what you would expect from such a large company that operates very much like an automotive mfg. A lot of bureaucracy, so things can take a long time.... now being on the inside I see... there are a LOT of meetings so to find time that everyone can meet to discuss things like a potential new hire can take a while.

Interview Questions

• HR seemed overly concerned with how much I knew about the company history.... which is long, impressive & has had many incarnations....   1 Answer

Electrical Product/Component Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. (Burr Ridge, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Overall I am very satisfied and happy with interview process. HR was excellent and she was quick. She got all the process done on time and without any problem. If you are good, and if you do your home work and prepare well. The job will be yours.
    1. Applied online
    2. One week later - HR called after pre-screening by the computer. She asked some questions related to the job like why am I leaving the current job? Salary? What is my expectation? Why did I apply for the job? Availability? Visa details? Skills that will match the job?
    3. Next day after HR's discussion(my available time) - Hiring Manager called and discussed almost everything in the resume(mine is a long resume). Be thorough with every word in your resume and be sure of what you talk and the know your skills well. Have some examples ready for everything in your resume and be clear. Asked questions to the manager and show your involvement to the job and understand the job profile.
    4. Week after Manager's discussion - On-site interview with 4 people. 1 HR 1 Hiring Manager 1 Team lead 1 Product Manager from another team. Complete "SITUATIONAL/BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS". Just google situation questions and you will get the full list. Prepare well with answers and make sure you have example for almost every question and try to quote the example from your recent experience. Professional example is better and the answers should have technical details included in it.
    5. Offered the job 2 days later(Interview was on Friday morning - Monday morning I was offered the job).
    Hope this helps... Please post your questions if you have any, I will try to help

Interview Questions

I had other offers with better package so had to decline the offer.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. (Burr Ridge, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied for several engineering positions online. I was contacted only hours after applying by a company recruiter via email asking when I would be available for a phone interview. I was also contacted the next day regarding another position I had applied for. I was very impressed with the quick responses from HR. I had 2 phone interviews with 2 separate recruiters. One was nice and cordial, the other seemed to have a bad attitude. They were both pushy when asking about salary, a big turn off for me considering I didn't have a full understanding of what the job entailed or what the benefits package would be, if relocation would be covered, vacation time, etc. Salary was on the low side for me, also found out later the benefits were less than I was already getting at my current job. I was asked to interview in person for one of the jobs I applied for. The hiring manager showed up 20 minutes late gave me a tour of the facility. Offices were cube farms with no windows. The manager then bored me to death with business structure, org charts, etc. and then started asking me with questions with only 10 minutes left before the next person was to interview me. Questions were related to my previous experience, and the usual where do you want to be in 5 years, why should we hire you, etc. The next interviewer asked behavioral questions, tell me about a time when,,,,,, the next interview after that consisted of where did you go to school?, what sports teams do you like? That part of the interview was a bit of a joke but I think he was just trying to see how personable I was and if I would be a good fit for the group. In the end no offer was made. I have the skills and experience necessary and think the job would have been interesting and a good fit for me but also didn't think I prepped enough for the interview and wasn't ready to answer some of the questions.asked. It's been awhile since I last interviewed for a job and I forgot how stressful it can be, especially the behavioral questions. I would often think of good answers to their questions after the interview was over because thinking up specific instances on the spot didn't always come to mind during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you improved how a process was done.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with someone difficult on a project, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you want to be in 5 years   1 Answer
    • Why are you the best person for the position?   Answer Question