CNN Producer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CNN Producer Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Producer Interview

Interview

CNN employs smart people and, as you might expect, they ask good questions. I always watch CNN and would love to be part of their team because they seem to be less biased than many other outlets such as Fox or MSNBC.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CNN

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CNN (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is long as it should be in order to find the perfect candidate for the position. The interviewer asked all of the right questions and I had a good sense of what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• What stories would I pitch that I think are important that the network may not be covering   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CNN (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

One phone interview, followed by one video chat/interview. The phone interview was fine, but the video interview was constantly interrupted by video breakup, lost connection, and frozen screens. I joked that it was the 'most suspenseful interview' I've ever had, but I think it was a detrimental way to conduct business. Why not just do it over the phone if the technology is so slow? I have no idea how many of my replies were cut off halfway due to losing the signal. It was very frustrating and I don't think it's the best way to present the company or my experience/personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CNN (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

With a large company it is a long process. You apply online; wait to hear from a recruiter; if you do hear from the recruiter you go through screening questions; you might be lucky enough to be granted a first round interview; from there you might get a second round interview; if you don't hear back after the 2nd, assume you did not get the position. The organization isn't great about letting you know a candidate has been selected.

Producer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CNN in June 2009.

Interview

It took a really long time.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic job questions asked.   1 Answer