CNO Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CNO Financial Group

2.4

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Carmel, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

Long, disconnected, and frustrating. Seems like I interviewed about 25 times and at least 15 people to be selected for the position. I was initially brought in as a contractor but with little to do and had to find work. No computer, or phone was provided. Neither could I use the printers. Had to bring in my own computer and printer.

Interview Questions

• Oracle Application experience was the key item they sought.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Carmel, IN).

Interview

The process begins with a phone conversation with the talent acquisition (TA) person. After this there was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then an onsite interview is held. This process can take between 1.5 and 3 hours as you will be interviewed by the hiring manager, the hiring manager's peers, staff, and those that may become your peers.

The interview process was really quite standard. There were no personality tests, structured behavioral question, or any in-depth skill check. It felt they were concerned about team fit. I got the feeling that my experience was more a hindrance than an asset to the hiring manager.

I sent a thank-you message to the interview team through the TA and contacted them once to see if there was anything that was needed.

This was the third interview that I had at this location for similar positions and while everyone was friendly and seemingly professional during the process, I never heard another thing from anyone involved, all three times. So, I would say that the professionalism ended at the the interview's conclusion.

Believe it or not candidates want to receive the "No" and perhaps a reason. Companies today complain of 'no-shows' for interviews or even for new-hires reporting to a first-day or at all. This is as unprofessional as the companies 'no-show' in the closing of an interview process.

Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

usual phone screen with HR and then in-person interview on-site with 6 people. There were no words from HR post interview. Kind of need to reach out to them to find out where things are at.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial phone screening with recruiter. About a week later I had phone interview with the hiring manager, then an person interview with team members. Next a steps would of been an in person interview with hiring manager but never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral based questions, questions about my background and current role.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you implemented a process improvement.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2012.

Interview

Met with contracting firm and project manager. I met with Program Manager in his office. We discussed the immediate needs of both a improved weekly status report and Sharepoint ideas.

Interview Questions

• Create two Sharepoint sites and migrate the existing status report in Excel to a database which allowed searches and calculated fields. Worked with a great bunch of people, especially my Lead.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy. They already knew my desired salary and we wrapped it up in about 10 minutes

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

The hiring process was horrible.... they kept pushing my start date back.
    A month later and they still did not have my access to the system and wanted me to wait longer to start..... NO SIR.... either I start this week or find someone else.

DON'T QUIT Your job till you actually start there.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions.... name a time when you had a difficult task how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Carmel, IN) in March 2009.

Interview

One interview. I was hired thru a placement agency. There was no negotiations. Two people interviewed me at one time. I was hired with a group of approximately 20 people. Some people did not have a college degree. They now require a college degree for this position, but will accept experience in lieu of a college degree.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Although, I noticed that one of the interviewers did not seem to understand my previous job. The interviewer keep asking the same type of questions about my previous work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Initially, an in-house recruiter got in touch with me via LinkedIn. After a brief phone screening/interview, I was invited to an in-person interview session on site where I interviewed with the recruiter again as well as with the two team members I was going to work with. Finally, I was invited to another interview with the VP of marketing. The whole interviewing experience was very fair and cannot necessarily be described as a "grilling" process.

Interview Questions

• I forget the questions in detail (it's been over a year), but I remember that it was more informal and targeted at work experiences.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

On one day, I had an 1:1 interview with a director, another director, and analyst. I took excel test and it was not difficult. People were very nice during the interview.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Carmel, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted by their recruiter and met for an in-person interview a few days later. Pretty straightforward. I met separately with two people in the department. They asked very detailed questions about my experience and were very detailed about the demands of the job and the work environment.