CNO Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CNO Financial Group

2.4

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

good company to get experience. joined to get turnaround experience. management making good progress in turning company around after spin off of LTC.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Carmel, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty quick. Phone round with HR and then hiring manager the following day.In a week one more round in person with 4 more individuals other than hiring manager. The total process from applying to getting an offer was about 15/20 days. I have heard that the process has improved a lot in the recent days.

Manager Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Carmel, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

This HR department really needs to get their act together with their HR processes. I interviewed for a job and never heard back. I called the recruiter I was working with, Jonathan, and left several messages and my call was never returned. Several times since then, I have received a voicemail message from a different recruiter there saying they would like to speak to me about an opportunity. I called the recruiter back and left a message. They never return your call either. If this is an indication of how the organization is run, I would not want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you wished you handled a problem differently.   Answer Question

National Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed specifically for "PMAU"...Vetted by a recruiter, phone Interview with future Manager, F2F interview with future Manager. Come back for F2F with Director, receive phone offer. I should have run. Fast. In a phone interview, the Manager described the work as "We are an Agent Manufacturing Machine"... I thought she was being cheeky; she really meant that. I started looking for another job within 6 weeks of hire. I spent all day on the phone "training" people, which consisted of calling them to verify their address. Preparing sales kits and sending them via FedEx, Calling them to check on their progress and go over the answers to any quiz questions missed (which they also received via email). Mostly, I spent all day doing Data Entry / Training Coordination. I'm a Trainer and Instructional Design Professional. I'm not a Training Coordinator. They do have a GREAT Training Coordinator - but she also does a lot of the same tasks as a National Training Consultant. VERY High turnover.

Interview Questions

• Conversational interview. "walk me through your resume". Very untraditional for today's top companies. No Behavioral questions, or discussion with HR prior to Hire.   1 Answer

COE Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through Company's website, got an onsite interview. The interview process was one round, but I talked to several people 1 on 1. The whole interview lasted for about 1.5 hours because I talked to 3 people that day, normally it should be 4.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CNO Financial? And they asked about the things on my resume.   Answer Question

Business Operations and Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First had a phone interview with person from HR. Then talked to an analyst. Was invited to office in Chicago and met with three different people in the department. Was told that I would receive response by the end of the following week. After 3 weeks of no response emailed them and did not receive a response.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group in March 2010.

Interview

Very casual. A recruiting by another agent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Commission only position

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group in May 2010.

Interview

I applied in house and was the best candidate.