COTG Field Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at COTG (Bolingbrook, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

They used a 3-step process before I was given an offer. First I was contacted by their HR Specialist for a quick 1-on-1 in their main office. I was asked very basic, bad apple-filtering questions. Nothing too specific to the job but also none of those "Describe yourself in 3 words " questions. After the specialist was satisfied I was scheduled to ride along with a technician for half a day. This technician/supervisor wont tell you but they are reporting to their manager and HR specialist what they felt about you, and depending on that you get a panel. The panel is about 30 minutes long with a random assortment of 3-4 managers, HR, or even the VP of service.

The questions here are standard panel flavors, but nothing grueling. I had heard that there are certain managers you can draw that are tougher than others, but I had an easy group. I was walked out by one of them, shook hands, and 5 minutes later my phone rang with the offer from the HR specialist.

On my first day I was given some rather absurdly simple questionnaire / tests, but I'm not sure what they were for seeing as I was already hired and I don't see how anyone could fail them. It contained questions that I literally thought were suited best for 1st graders. "Tom has 12 buckets, Sally has another 4 buckets, how many buckets do they have total?" I'm not kidding. I was also given a personality test afterwards before having a long discussion with my new manager about the expectations of the job, how my 3-month training period would play out, etc.

Interview Questions