CPI (Missouri) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CPI (Missouri) Interview Questions

2.2

Lab Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CPI (Missouri).

Interview

Short. Simple. Easy. Make sure you understand color balance and how to mix chemicals for developing film and the paper processor. Have good customer service and sales skills.

Photographer Interview

Interview

Brief conversation with the manager, then trial by fire in acting out photography scenarios and showing how I would get children to smile. Not enjoyable, but she wanted to make sure I was outgoing enough for the role.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CPI (Missouri).

Interview

Interviewed 3 times by recruiter, regional, and director.

Interview Questions

• None all pretty simple retail questions   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Interview

No longer hiring in the US only Canada

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotionaiton at all.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CPI (Missouri) (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Had a short phone call with HR first. Interviewed with VP, my direct manager and finally with the CEO

Interview Questions

• How many gas station are in the US?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CPI (Missouri) (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online, and was called within a week for a phone interview. She asked basic questions (reason you left last job, sales experience (not photography), etc...). After the phone interview I had a 1:1 interview with the district manager. It was very informal and basically the same as the phone interview. Spent a month waiting for response from DM (!), then we spent the next 3 weeks negotiating pay. Hired after background check was cleared. They do not drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was initially offered 12.00 per hour. I asked for 15.00 and after a LOT of back and forth, we settled at 14.00. Just stay firm and hold your ground. The turnover is high, and they get desperate for good help.

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CPI (Missouri) (Antioch, TN) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed with District Manager, Hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate for more pay

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CPI (Missouri) (Charlotte, NC) in December 2009.

Interview

I answered an ad for a District Manager's position. Apparently, no one (or almost no one) is hired directly into this position. You must first start out as a photographer at $7 or $8 an hour (plus a negligible commission) and work yourself up to the DM position. The position I accepted was as a photographer but I am not sure if I'm in a training position or I am just expected to fight and claw my way up or if I am to expect some sort of guidance and a structured training program. Very confusing. I'm smart and a hard worker and I have an extensive background in District Management with a very refined skill set in multi-unit management and people skills. Seems a waste of my talents to start in this position but I am willing to follow the path... if there is one.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall that there were any questions in the interview. It was more of a session to spell out the compensation plan and expectations of the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are not relevant. You will be assimilated.

Sales Associate/Photographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CPI (Missouri) in October 2009.

Interview

The interviewer first asks questions like, why did you choose to apply for sears portrait studio? And questions relating to why you want to work there. Then, he or she will ask you questions regarding your previous work experience, and then give you hypothetical scenarios involving customers and ask you what you would do if you were the sales associate. At the end, the interviewer hands you a pen and asks you to sell it to them. And lastly, I don't know if this goes for every Sears Portrait Studio interview, but he or she will ask you what your favorite animal is and then ask you to imitate it. Overall, the whole interview lasts about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• (Hands you a pen) Pretend I am a customer, and you are the sales associate. Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CPI (Missouri) (Salem, OR) in February 2009.

Interview

Submit application either online or in-person at the studio. Studio Manager or District Manager receives them in their inbox or in person, reviews them for qualifications. Once they are called in they are asked a series of questions related to the position applying for. A background check is performed.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult customer situation you have dealt with in the past. Please give a specific example.   Answer Question