CPI Office Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at CPI Office Products

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CPI Office Products (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

The interview is easy as pie. You meet with the VP, Kirk, who is super laid back. He asks simple questions and let's you ask some questions that you may have.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation over salary. Your base pay is $35,000. Period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CPI Office Products (Lewisville, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Email invite from HR; 1 hr group orientation & Q&A session @ 8:30am; Group interviews; then 1:1. If you make cut, interview with president and member of board.

Interview Questions

Decline b/c 1) Invitation I got from HR did not indicate this was TELESALES role. 2) it is micro managed, highly regimmented TELESALES. Miss your 100 dials/day, 3 1/2 hr talk time targts, they dock you pay. Pay $46,800 base + commission for an inside role selling office products is awesome. Claimed top telesales earner makes $150K+. Probably great company to work for as outside rep (what I thought I was applying for) Drove thru flooded roads & T-storms only to find out that it is Telesales role. No coffee, no tea, water, provided or offered.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CPI Office Products (Houston, TX).

Interview

My resume was found online through a career website and I was contacted by Scott Carnes (HR) From there I was contacted via phone for a mini interview and then scheduled a face to face interview with the Houston branch Manager. Branch manager was interested and told me if I passed my drug and background check I was good to go! Background check went through started work and on my first day I had to take the drug test.

Interview Questions

• At a company like this you have to be great at listening. When was a time you had to actually listen to a customers wants and needs and dissect it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay.

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CPI Office Products.

Interview

I liked them all at first, they are very easy to get along with until you work there. The interview process is very easy because the turnover rate is so high. They are very deceptive.. they promise you way more opportunities in your interview than you will every see. Please don't be fooled, this is a company of liars

Sales Interview

Application

Interview

Good discussion and explanation.

Inside Sales Interview

Interview

You must be related to, or friends with upper management in order to survive in this sweat shop. The senior vice president's wife works there and when they fire someone or someone quits, his wife rakes in all of the accounts and gets the commissions. The owner has a long time personal friend that has been there 25 years and he receives the same benefits as the senior vice presidents wife, this holds true for all friends/family of upper management that work there. They now have Lewisville Police Officers patrolling inside the building and outside on the premise because they fear ex-employee's will come back and try to harm someone in upper management. Also would like to add that the only "good/positive" reviews written on this page has been submitted by upper management, so don't be fooled.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself going within this company   1 Answer

Account Manager/Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at CPI Office Products (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

It was easy. Met with VP of Sales then President. The interview is laid back and more social rather than cold. They explained the good and the bad associated with the job. Told me the first year is the hardest.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hired on the spot. Easy

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CPI Office Products.

Interview

Cattle call, presentation given, followed by group interview, pared down to individual interview...followed by 2nd interview with both the CEO/Owner and the President of the company.

Negotiation

No negotiation possible

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CPI Office Products.

Interview

Cattle call process then smaller groups. Final interview with President & owner of company