CRITICAL Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CRITICAL Software Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2018

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was my first interview ever, It went quite well but wasn't expecting the technical questions. The questions weren't hard, but I was nervous and answered them all wrong. They also asked a lot of questions about the company.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process takes a full day. There are several tests taken during the day (programming, IQ (or similar) and group behaviour). There are no paid meals and there is some wait. The whole process is in a group (maybe 30 people).

Interview Questions

• Design, document and implement a simple program that reads data from a file and outputs a calculation based on the data of that file.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interview was done by Skype and I had one more in person. It was a very relaxed conversation with questions about my background, the company, possible challenges, expectations, etc... I also wrote a press release in Portuguese and translated an article.

Interview Questions

• What are the biggest challengs you think you will face?   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Porto, Oporto (Portugal)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and after a few weeks was called to an interview.
    On the personal note, I got one of those classic strong gut feeling that they didn't like me, even before we shaked hands and talked.

So, the interview was quite straighforward. There were two people present, an HR person (via skype) and a very young team leader (I think).
    Standard questions: why this and why that.
    Several technical questions related with java. Well, all I can say is that for a junior position, there were not only numerous questions but they were also quite advanced. How can a junior have extensive experience with scrum? Did they forgot I was applying for a junior and not a senior position?

Anyways, after a week or so, their final decision came.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Porto, Oporto (Portugal)) in May 2016.

Interview

I hade the pleasure to meet Mr. Gonçalo Quadro and Mr. Pedro Murtinho in a previous interview. So this was very straighforward: one phone call discussing what i was looking for and what Critical was needing; one meeting/interview to clear things out and set expectations right; One offer, accepted in 1 day. It was a very nice and transparent ride, even if a bit different from the regular Critical Software Process.

Interview Questions

• The ones that really matters: What you like to do? How you see yourself doing "X,Y, Z, .."? Would this work for you?
      A lot of transparency, with company values, mission, culture and what was expected from me.
      Highly human and efficient contacts.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was quite smooth, I was made at ease from the very beginning of the interview. The discussion was well oriented, with the company assessing not only my background, but also my social skills, making clear that it is equally important what one knows and what one can deliver to the team. I was provided with all the information requested regarding the company, with very clear answers, which gave a feeling that the company is very well managed at all levels.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software.

Interview

Two interviews made by the area manager and a board member. The interviews took about 1h30-2h00 and were very directed to the role and profile CRITICAL was looking for. Very human in the relationship, I felt comfortable in both interviews.

The questions (more like a conversation to be honest) was clearly organized in two main areas: hard skills (IT & Project Management) and People management.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation I ever had been and how I solved it   Answer Question

Java Develloper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Lisbon (Portugal)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed non-formal interview, mirrors the well known person-driven philosophy of the company. There were two interviewers, one from HR and one with more technical background.
    We discussed what Critical does and what's the philosophy of the company.
    Then several aspects of my CV were discussed including for example where I got my experience on some programming languages.
    Finally I was asked why I am interested in this company and what kind of work would I be more comfortable with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a company where the product has such low impact/visibility?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)).

Interview

Interview was interesting. They did not sugarcoat it, the project would be challenging but rewarding (in terms of the challenge itself). A few questions about the company and that's it. Focus was on culture focus, along with a bit on the technical side as well. Took a bit over one hour to find out technical skills, along with time for questions by the interviewee.
    Very willing to answer questions about the company as a whole.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Porto, Oporto (Portugal)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was done initially by phone, followed by a remote test on a specific platform to confirm knowledge and after approval, personal interview with two dev and one HR.
    The first interview; by phone with HR, went well and the purpose was to define / filter if my profile fit in the clients needs to the job title.
    The remote test was a little hard, multiple-choice exam, with a countdown, to check what we know and in what time.
    The personal interview went well, because the two dev knew what they wanted, clearly had knowledge regarding the subject and made some theoretical questions and a practical exercise to solve in Google Docs in real time.
    Despite not having selected me for the role, the interviewers proposed me a very good solution adapted to my profile.

Interview Questions

• Giving a function that returned an int and had as parameters an int array, return in the less code possible, the sum of pair values.   1 Answer