CRITICAL Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CRITICAL Software Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was my first interview ever, It went quite well but wasn't expecting the technical questions. The questions weren't hard, but I was nervous and answered them all wrong. They also asked a lot of questions about the company.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process takes a full day. There are several tests taken during the day (programming, IQ (or similar) and group behaviour). There are no paid meals and there is some wait. The whole process is in a group (maybe 30 people).

Interview Questions

• Design, document and implement a simple program that reads data from a file and outputs a calculation based on the data of that file.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Southampton, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

After an application email of CV, they sent a 2 page document of basic interview questions to fill in, which you then send back and they consider your responses. Standard " Describe a difficult workplace situation and how you handled it " stuff. Next was an on-site interview with a senior engineer and operations manager. Half technical questions, mostly going through CV with light quizzing on say UML and CSS frameworks, followed by being presented with code and asked to describe what it does and why it wont compile. Not too complicated ( mine was a sorting algorithm, you can do the rest ;) ). Second half again was soft skill questions you get everywhere.

After this was invited back for a 1-2-1 with the MD, which was much more informal, just covering a soft skill fit with the company, but the atmosphere was that it was really a formality before the offer which I received the next day.

Overall, I felt incredibly welcome and interviewers seemed genuinely interested in me and my answers, which is rare for an entry level impression.

Interview Questions

• What CSS frameworks do you use, can you draw me a class diagram, etc   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was quite smooth, I was made at ease from the very beginning of the interview. The discussion was well oriented, with the company assessing not only my background, but also my social skills, making clear that it is equally important what one knows and what one can deliver to the team. I was provided with all the information requested regarding the company, with very clear answers, which gave a feeling that the company is very well managed at all levels.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software.

Interview

Two interviews made by the area manager and a board member. The interviews took about 1h30-2h00 and were very directed to the role and profile CRITICAL was looking for. Very human in the relationship, I felt comfortable in both interviews.

The questions (more like a conversation to be honest) was clearly organized in two main areas: hard skills (IT & Project Management) and People management.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation I ever had been and how I solved it   Answer Question

Java Develloper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Lisbon (Portugal)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed non-formal interview, mirrors the well known person-driven philosophy of the company. There were two interviewers, one from HR and one with more technical background.
    We discussed what Critical does and what's the philosophy of the company.
    Then several aspects of my CV were discussed including for example where I got my experience on some programming languages.
    Finally I was asked why I am interested in this company and what kind of work would I be more comfortable with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a company where the product has such low impact/visibility?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)).

Interview

Interview was interesting. They did not sugarcoat it, the project would be challenging but rewarding (in terms of the challenge itself). A few questions about the company and that's it. Focus was on culture focus, along with a bit on the technical side as well. Took a bit over one hour to find out technical skills, along with time for questions by the interviewee.
    Very willing to answer questions about the company as a whole.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Porto, Oporto (Portugal)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was done initially by phone, followed by a remote test on a specific platform to confirm knowledge and after approval, personal interview with two dev and one HR.
    The first interview; by phone with HR, went well and the purpose was to define / filter if my profile fit in the clients needs to the job title.
    The remote test was a little hard, multiple-choice exam, with a countdown, to check what we know and in what time.
    The personal interview went well, because the two dev knew what they wanted, clearly had knowledge regarding the subject and made some theoretical questions and a practical exercise to solve in Google Docs in real time.
    Despite not having selected me for the role, the interviewers proposed me a very good solution adapted to my profile.

Interview Questions

• Giving a function that returned an int and had as parameters an int array, return in the less code possible, the sum of pair values.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)) in July 2015.

Interview

Day 1:
    * Psycho-technical tests
    * Simple programming test (offline, without documentation, may use one of several programming languages)
    * Group dynamics behaviour test (in English)

Day 2 (only for those who "pass" day 1):
    * Personal / Technical Interview

BD Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CRITICAL Software (Southampton, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Found the job in Linked In - the company responded quickly and personally to have a quick chat on the phone to manage expectations before a face to face interview. They were open and helpful so the interview went ahead. It was relatively informal and involved running through my experience (off my CV) and then going into the role they had open and whether that suited my skills and aspirations. There was plenty of time to ask questions too, I didnt feel rushed at all and it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What was it about CRITICAL Software that attracted you to the role?   1 Answer