CS Stars Systems Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CS Stars

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at CS Stars

Systems Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CS Stars.

Interview

To start, know that STARS requires a college degree to even be considered. If you apply, and if you hear back (it has gone as long as three months to less than a week for me), STARS hiring process starts with a logic test. You fail this test, you don't move forward. You pass, you get passed on from recruitment to the manager over the position you're interested in. From there they will recruit any number of internal colleagues at higher levels (usually 3-4) to phone interview with you (assuming they like you or want to talk, which isn't guaranteed). This process may take as long as two weeks depending on their schedules. You may also never hear back or not hear back consistently. Your follow up with the recruiter will go a long way toward keeping you in the loop. Remember names and ask for deadlines to help keep folks on their toes. Any good employer is going to like those traits anyway. Overall, the process was very typical of the big corporate world - overly complicated, long and drawn out, sometimes aimless. They kept bringing me in to find a place for me though, so after 4 interviews and months of back and forth I finally landed a job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected at any interview. All standard stuff - tell me about a significant accomplishment, tell me about a time you resolved a difficult problem, tell me about a time you failed and what you would do differently. It was pretty boring and routine. It will depend on the people you talk to - some are more laid back and straight shooting and others not so much.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am a straight shooter so I was clear up front that I don't like this phase. They asked for an offer first and took a while to initiate this part of the conversation. If you can, try to secure an offer before they ask for one or ask for the range earlier in the game from the recruiter. After all, if the range is below your minimum why waste your time? I got a return offer just below what I really wanted but it was still up and the opportunity looked good, so I accepted. Just one round - but I have a colleague that has seen one raise in five years, so make your round count and know what you're worth.