CSAA Insurance Group Actuary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CSAA Insurance Group Actuary Interview Questions

3.3

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview

Two thirty minute on campus interviews, back to back. Questions focused more on the behavioral side. Very little technical questions. Felt more like a "get to know you" and see how you talk/act/respond in a more professional environment.
    Then came two more phone interviews, thirty minutes each. Was more along the same lines as the in person interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Berkeley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

it was an on-campus recruiting process. It took a week between they received my resume and the interview. Interview was half behavioral and half technical. Not a very easy interview. It was one on one. CSAA interview is pretty competative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a disappointing team work experience and how did you handle it. What can you do to make it better?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview

Applied through Linkedin. Got first round interview with an actuarial analyst. The interview lasted about 30 mins. Interviewer asked behavioral questions, case study and personal questions. The case study is pretty simple but please answer as detailed as possible. They like to hear.

Interview Questions

• List 5 uses of a stapler without staples.   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview

This is a first round interview with two interviewers. I talked to each of them individually for 30 minutes on campus. After the interview, it takes approximately one day for them to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Since you are a Statistics major, please explain me a topic that you like the most.
      Now, pretend that I am your manager, please explain it to me.
      Now, pretend that I am someone who has no Statistics background and explain it to me.
      Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

Interview

It is an on campus recruiting process.

I was interviewed by two people, each 30 min. The first one is tough. The second person was very nice.

Interview Questions

• A case about promoting an insurance product to consumers with advanced degrees   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview

have this campus recruiting interview with two actuarial analysts

Interview Questions

• 1.Behaviour question
      2.Technique questions about which 5 factor you will consider to insurance a movie
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

1. The recruiter contacted me for a phone screen interview. She asked general clarification questions about my resume and set up a phone interview for me at the end of the call. Call lasted 15-20 minutes.

2. Phone interview occurred a few days later with the manager. Asked about my experience at my previous job and about skills I listed on my resume. Asked about my exam progress. Gave me the chance to ask questions. Call lasted 30 minutes. Received a call from the recruiter after less than a couple days saying they would like to set up an onsite interview for me the next week.

3. On site interview consisted of about 4-5 separate 30 minutes interviews with other actuaries from different teams and managerial positions. They mostly asked questions about my past experiences and questions to get me to broadly justify the skills that I had listed and statements that I had made about my experiences. After the interviews, I went to lunch with another actuary in the department and went home.

4. I did not hear back for several days... it felt like a very long time, and I gave up hope.

NOTE: Everybody I interviewed with was great. One person asked questions quickly and did not let me finish my whole answers, but was probably just trying to be an aggressive style interviewer. He seemed like a nice guy when I asked him questions at the end. Overall, I was very impressed by the people I interviewed with at AAA, especially compared to other interviews I have been a part of. I felt like they were honest, straight-forward nice people.

Interview Questions

• 1) What do you consider to be your greatest professional accomplishment?   1 Answer
    • 2) I cannot state my question exactly, but be prepared to demonstrate your analytical thought process when a question of that nature arises.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

describe a time you anticipated a problem and solved it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with the recruiter for the actuarial group. Asked me a few general questions, as well as a couple of brain-teasers.
    Some of the general questions were:
    1- Why do you want to become an actuary.
    2- What do you think the day to do day job of an actuary looks like.

etc.

A couple of days later got a "thanks but no thanks" email from "no-reply@no-reply"

Interview Questions

• Can you estimate the number of 7/11 stores in Northern California?   1 Answer
    • A 22-23 year old girl, who is getting a bachelor's degree, is taking her 100 year old grandmother for her driving test. What can you say about this family?   Answer Question

Actuarial Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I met with a group of actuaries within the IPM division of CSAA. The on-site interview took 3 hours total with 30mins for each interviewer. It was actually an enjoyable experience, though some of the "thought" questions invoked some real critical thinking so it's best to arrive on your "A" game. The host who brought me in was courteous and established a very welcoming environment. The interviews weren't too intimidating, but like with all interviews, you must remain focused and on edge to answer some thought provoking questions. Overall, the interviews went well, so you shouldn't be too worried about having a three hour long interview.