CSAA Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.8

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

First there is a phone interview where they ask you why you want to work there and why they should hire you, then in the face to face interview 2 managers interview you with questions, you have to write an email, decide who is at fault based off of a diagram of an accident and back it up, there is a typing test that (35 wpm or higher to pass), and then another supervisor came in and interviewed me the same day. Before the interview there is a job simulator that takes about 45min-1hr to complete to access if it this is the right field for you.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to negotiate for something and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

There was an initial phone screening followed by two interviews. The process was not too intense, overall a good experience. The people were friendly and the office is beautiful. A little bit of a hassle coming on-site twice for an internship interview.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview

Two thirty minute on campus interviews, back to back. Questions focused more on the behavioral side. Very little technical questions. Felt more like a "get to know you" and see how you talk/act/respond in a more professional environment.
    Then came two more phone interviews, thirty minutes each. Was more along the same lines as the in person interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in April 2016.

Interview

Completed application online then received invitation email a few days later to complete personality test and virtual job test. Then a phone screen from HR and an interview was scheduled. Interview was conversational and some tell me about a time questions. Position was described at length. Company has a lot to offer and very employee driven. They offer great benefits 401k, medical, dental, vision, PTO 15 days 1st year, AAA discount, tuition reimbursement, they pay for your license which must be obtained within 60 days after initial training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Potential for a 10% increase in salary your first year based on your performance.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was with two managers. They were both very nice and it was a super easy interview. They basically just asked me what my availability was, if I had vacations planned, asked me to tell them about myself and my work history. The pay was $13/hr, which isn't bad for such an easy position, but I declined because I received another offer from a company I really wanted to work for. Seems like a very laid back, nice environment though. Everyone I interacted with was nice.

Interview Questions

• Why have you been mostly employed by temp agencies recently? Are you looking for permanent work?   1 Answer

I received a better offer from a company I wanted to work for. The pay was $13/hr which would have been a big cut from what I'm used to making.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Unnecessarily laborious. I had a total of 11 or 12 interviews, including external recruiters and internal stakeholders. Everyone was very nice, but I've interviewed for more senior positions that were much less intensive. They were also very slow in between rounds, and to make the final decision. There were a lot of things that impressed me about the people and the company, but I got the feeling that they wanted everyone to have a vote; maybe a bit too collaborative.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the standard questions about my experience that were specific to what they were looking for. Nothing unusual really, although one executive asked, "What's your favorite magazine?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in March 2016.

Interview

It was a phone screen. It lasted for about 30 minutes and the questions were very basic and mostly those that you could answer easily. It depends on the job requirements.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Talk about REST applications.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Glendale, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

It was clear, comfortable, and challenging. Since I've been working with the company for the past 3 years, the hiring managers had a good understanding of who I was. The interview process allowed me to share experiences that they were not aware of. It also allowed them to learn more about me as a person so they could really show the skills that I brought with me. Not only that, but I've always been a part of outside organizations to help promote my values which really happen to align with the companies. Through the interview process, they were able to see this.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the best days you had at work in the last 3 months?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume on day 1, by day 4, I was interviewed, and the job offer was extended on day 5. It was a group panel, and they rotated questions. Everybody took notes, so they were looking down a lot, and not at me.

Interview Questions

• One that stuck out is "Describe a time you broke a promise."   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in December 2015.

Interview

Took about a month process. Submitted application 12/25. Received an assessment test a few days later. A few weeks later, I received a call from a recruiter. I was then scheduled to meet with the hiring managers. It took a total of 2 hours. First, you must complete a typing assessment of at least 30wpm. I got 46wpm. Interview questions, part of it is taped to see your reaction. You're provided an example of an accident "Who's at fault and why?" Then write out an email of your response of an example email inquiry.
    Afterwards if you pass, you get to see the supervisors for the position. Going through the exact questions from before. You're run through the job description and training.
    After completed the same recruiter will contact you by phone and email.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question