CSAA Insurance Group Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

1. Received an email response from recruiter within 1 week.
    2. Interviewed with HR recruiter and was approved for another interview with hiring manager.
    3. Interviewed with hiring manager over the phone.

Next step was to be interviewed in person but I never made it that far.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Unnecessarily laborious. I had a total of 11 or 12 interviews, including external recruiters and internal stakeholders. Everyone was very nice, but I've interviewed for more senior positions that were much less intensive. They were also very slow in between rounds, and to make the final decision. There were a lot of things that impressed me about the people and the company, but I got the feeling that they wanted everyone to have a vote; maybe a bit too collaborative.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the standard questions about my experience that were specific to what they were looking for. Nothing unusual really, although one executive asked, "What's your favorite magazine?"   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was thorough, but not difficult. I first exchanged email with an internal recruiter. We then had a 30 minute telephone interview. Following that was a video interview with a manager and colleague. Following that was a day long in-person series of interviews with most senior people in the department which took place in Home Office.

The process was incredibly well organized and went smoothly. An internal recruiter was assigned to help guide me through the logistics of the process. He was the first to greet me when I made my way out to Walnut Creek and the last to shake my hand before I left for the airport.

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

Interview process consisted of two phone interviews, one with the recruiter, one with the hiring manager. Next round was in-person interviews with the hiring manager, two team members, and team director. 2nd round of in-person interviews was with the the VP of marketing and a few more Team Directors.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Berkeley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

it was an on-campus recruiting process. It took a week between they received my resume and the interview. Interview was half behavioral and half technical. Not a very easy interview. It was one on one. CSAA interview is pretty competative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a disappointing team work experience and how did you handle it. What can you do to make it better?   Answer Question

Insurance Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Some basic Behavioral questions, case study questions, and your interests. The interviewer was very nice and the whole process was like talking with your friend. It was a fun experience.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

4 Interviewers come by for 1-on-1 sessions. Analytics and case questions to test how you would respond when they put you in front of their own clients. There were a lot of open ended questions just to see where your thought process took you.

Interview Questions

• If a process you built replaces another employee's job, would you still go through with it?   1 Answer

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

3+ hour interview with managers and business analysts. Reviewed my background - asked for specific examples of how I met different types of challenges.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would have done things differently on the last project you worked on.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

CEO openly stated "no Roth 401K plan will ever be offered, only helps gays". Stay away!!!!

Interview Questions

CEO hates gays and will not allow any gay friendly benefits ever

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

1. The recruiter contacted me for a phone screen interview. She asked general clarification questions about my resume and set up a phone interview for me at the end of the call. Call lasted 15-20 minutes.

2. Phone interview occurred a few days later with the manager. Asked about my experience at my previous job and about skills I listed on my resume. Asked about my exam progress. Gave me the chance to ask questions. Call lasted 30 minutes. Received a call from the recruiter after less than a couple days saying they would like to set up an onsite interview for me the next week.

3. On site interview consisted of about 4-5 separate 30 minutes interviews with other actuaries from different teams and managerial positions. They mostly asked questions about my past experiences and questions to get me to broadly justify the skills that I had listed and statements that I had made about my experiences. After the interviews, I went to lunch with another actuary in the department and went home.

4. I did not hear back for several days... it felt like a very long time, and I gave up hope.

NOTE: Everybody I interviewed with was great. One person asked questions quickly and did not let me finish my whole answers, but was probably just trying to be an aggressive style interviewer. He seemed like a nice guy when I asked him questions at the end. Overall, I was very impressed by the people I interviewed with at AAA, especially compared to other interviews I have been a part of. I felt like they were honest, straight-forward nice people.

Interview Questions

• 1) What do you consider to be your greatest professional accomplishment?   1 Answer
    • 2) I cannot state my question exactly, but be prepared to demonstrate your analytical thought process when a question of that nature arises.   1 Answer