CSAA Insurance Group Interview Questions in Walnut Creek, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.1

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

1. Received an email response from recruiter within 1 week.
    2. Interviewed with HR recruiter and was approved for another interview with hiring manager.
    3. Interviewed with hiring manager over the phone.

Next step was to be interviewed in person but I never made it that far.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Unnecessarily laborious. I had a total of 11 or 12 interviews, including external recruiters and internal stakeholders. Everyone was very nice, but I've interviewed for more senior positions that were much less intensive. They were also very slow in between rounds, and to make the final decision. There were a lot of things that impressed me about the people and the company, but I got the feeling that they wanted everyone to have a vote; maybe a bit too collaborative.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the standard questions about my experience that were specific to what they were looking for. Nothing unusual really, although one executive asked, "What's your favorite magazine?"   Answer Question

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

Interview process consisted of two phone interviews, one with the recruiter, one with the hiring manager. Next round was in-person interviews with the hiring manager, two team members, and team director. 2nd round of in-person interviews was with the the VP of marketing and a few more Team Directors.

Application

Interview

1. The recruiter contacted me for a phone screen interview. She asked general clarification questions about my resume and set up a phone interview for me at the end of the call. Call lasted 15-20 minutes.

2. Phone interview occurred a few days later with the manager. Asked about my experience at my previous job and about skills I listed on my resume. Asked about my exam progress. Gave me the chance to ask questions. Call lasted 30 minutes. Received a call from the recruiter after less than a couple days saying they would like to set up an onsite interview for me the next week.

3. On site interview consisted of about 4-5 separate 30 minutes interviews with other actuaries from different teams and managerial positions. They mostly asked questions about my past experiences and questions to get me to broadly justify the skills that I had listed and statements that I had made about my experiences. After the interviews, I went to lunch with another actuary in the department and went home.

4. I did not hear back for several days... it felt like a very long time, and I gave up hope.

NOTE: Everybody I interviewed with was great. One person asked questions quickly and did not let me finish my whole answers, but was probably just trying to be an aggressive style interviewer. He seemed like a nice guy when I asked him questions at the end. Overall, I was very impressed by the people I interviewed with at AAA, especially compared to other interviews I have been a part of. I felt like they were honest, straight-forward nice people.

Interview Questions

• 1) What do you consider to be your greatest professional accomplishment?   1 Answer
    • 2) I cannot state my question exactly, but be prepared to demonstrate your analytical thought process when a question of that nature arises.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

describe a time you anticipated a problem and solved it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with the recruiter for the actuarial group. Asked me a few general questions, as well as a couple of brain-teasers.
    Some of the general questions were:
    1- Why do you want to become an actuary.
    2- What do you think the day to do day job of an actuary looks like.

etc.

A couple of days later got a "thanks but no thanks" email from "no-reply@no-reply"

Interview Questions

• Can you estimate the number of 7/11 stores in Northern California?   1 Answer
    • A 22-23 year old girl, who is getting a bachelor's degree, is taking her 100 year old grandmother for her driving test. What can you say about this family?   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with two people. It was a very short interview...only 30 minutes. One of them left early which I thought was rude. I felt like they weren't really interested...just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple priorities?   Answer Question
    • Can you work overtime? We have a lot of work and sometimes you may have to stay after hours.   Answer Question

Actuarial Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I met with a group of actuaries within the IPM division of CSAA. The on-site interview took 3 hours total with 30mins for each interviewer. It was actually an enjoyable experience, though some of the "thought" questions invoked some real critical thinking so it's best to arrive on your "A" game. The host who brought me in was courteous and established a very welcoming environment. The interviews weren't too intimidating, but like with all interviews, you must remain focused and on edge to answer some thought provoking questions. Overall, the interviews went well, so you shouldn't be too worried about having a three hour long interview.