CSC Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CSC (San Jose, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

First round : telephonic then 3 rounds of client interview followed by HR. Many were programming questions. Couple of Design Patterns

Interview Questions

• Data structures , Java. Design Patterns and implementations. Hadoop, pig scripts and spring framework. I don't remember the questions. Average difficulty. Process takes 3 weeks and I accepted the offer.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Process was as follows:
    First call was with Recruiter and then following by hiring manager.
    Later, I was called for 2nd round with few team players and selected internal clients.
    Then, another call with HR with general questions, salary negotiation, start date, completing the application.
    Then wait for few days....
    Confirmed verbally.
    Then background check and offer letter

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSC (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Manager was keen on details and laid out some scenarios and how you would take action in them. Things were smooth if you know your IT stuff you should be set.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a irate customer? Whats the most difficult project you worked on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hourly pay was disclosed prior to interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Had a phone screening followed by a full day onsite screening. Had 3 rounds in the onsite screening and a HR/Manager round.
    Interviews are very client specific, kind of makes sense as people usually work with the same client for a long time.

Client Engagement Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CSC (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Started with an HR interview (recruiter), then met with the hiring manager and the offer was extended the next business day. Negotiations continued for 24 hours and then ended with me not accepting the final offer on the table.

Involved relocation and did not cover costs adequately. Also, variable (bonus) pay structure was not well-defined.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CSC (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

HR emailed to setup the initial HR phone screen. This was followed by four phone interviews from end customer. Each phone interview was 45 minutes long. They were quick to respond after every round, usually next day. No onsite or in-person interview done

Interview Questions

• Why CSC? Technical DB2 questions from customer interviewers. Kept getting tougher after every round   Answer Question