CSC Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

3.2

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a 3 round interview process out of which 1 was the Client interview.

Other Interview Reviews for CSC

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSC (Columbia, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

They found my resume on dice.com and called me. They set up a 1 hour phone interview which was all about determining if my personality was a good fit and also that I had all the skills they needed. Then they scheduled a 1 hour face-to-face. I was in and out in 45 minutes. It was awesome that they didn't grill me for hours.

Interview Questions

• elasticsearch stops responding, how would you diagnose and fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Had a phone screening followed by a full day onsite screening. Had 3 rounds in the onsite screening and a HR/Manager round.
    Interviews are very client specific, kind of makes sense as people usually work with the same client for a long time.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CSC (Baltimore, MD) in May 2010.

Interview

Very long. Lots of paperwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't any.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CSC (Washington, DC) in October 2009.

Interview

I submitted my resume and received a call two days later. I interviewed the next day. I was interviewed by all the developers and the project manager at the same time. The interview wasn't very technical. They told me what they were working on and asked me a bit about my resume. They didn't ask me silly questions like "explain the Factory pattern" and "is java pass by reference or pass by value." It lasted about 45 minutes. It was very relaxed and was more of a back and forth story exchange.

Interview Questions

• I always have a bit of problem in interviews explaining myself clearly and coherently. Blame it on nerves or social anxiety or whatever. There were not difficult technical questions which I found surprising. Most interviews are these gotcha situations which honestly never have much significance to real life software developer situations. It was pretty relaxed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wanted more vacation time but they declined and offered me an extra week's pay instead.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSC (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

It took all day and interview 5 different programmer and PM. Different technical skills. One guy asked SQL questions other was more on OOP. Generally they don't sweat to much.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was C2C position for me. No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSC (Cambridge, MA) in October 2008.

Interview

I switched from a subcontractor to CSC. I was a known quantity. All requirements were met through observed work performance.

In general, interviews are normally rather detailed, many people are involved, perhaps a technical test will be required.

Interview Questions

• Questions will involve technical details of languages and best practices. CMMI, ITIL based questions are also likely.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to obtain a 3rd week of vacation to match my previous employer - so I asked for 2% more income to cover loss. It was granted. I took an additional week a year off without pay covered by the increase.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CSC (Noida (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I have gone for interview and clear two technical round and one manager round. In HR Round salary was discussed. On next day , Hr asked me to submit documents and final salary was discussed. After one week later, they denied to their commitment about salary. After that i have called several time and mail also. But No response. Very Unprofessional way to treat candidate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSC (Indore (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process is good but i did't understand the shortlisting process. They conducted 3 rounds of interview I clear all the 3 rounds and after completing 2 rounds of technical discussion and 1 round of managerial round HR came with some strange and shocking result that I didn't clear the 1st round then how come they processed me for 2nd and 3rd round. I don't know the politics behind this. At-least tell the genuine reason why the are not processing for the final HR round after completing the 3 rounds of interview and telling the initial level not cleared.

Interview Questions

• Basic java questions and the configuration level questions of spring and hibernate plus project and process   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CSC (Noida (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

one written , the one to one technical round, then again one to one technical round, hr round, it took 2days for the overall interview process to conduct, interview was average but process were fluent. Overall good experience.