CSC Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Three managers one at a time interviewed for 2 and 1/2 hours. The questions are straight forwards. I was given a chance to ask questions. The Manager asks if I had mistake before. What kind of Employer I would like to work with. Most of the technical questions are answerable if you are prepared very well. The technical manager of the recruiter told me that he has received a call from the director

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSC (McLean, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Two in-person interviews. Long delay between interviews. Recruiters did not provide the basic information or provided misinformation for the interviews. Did not receive email or call to confirm first interview. For the second interview, the interviewer was not given the number to contact me. They finally called 30 minutes into my interview. Also, on the second interview, the wrong job description was emailed to me and the interviewers. This happened even after I asked the internal recruiter to confirm the job description.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience on my resume and one interviewer used a list that you commonly find when googling for interview prep questions (what is your weakness, etc.). Not many specific questions on my ability to do the job. Also, no one could describe the duties of this role or describe any of the projects I might be involved with.   1 Answer

Senior Principal Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Falls Church, VA).

Interview

phone screen, phone interview, 1:1 with bunch of people, call back for more 1:1. I probably interviewed with 6 people in total. It just seemed overkill but I guess they have such horrible churn they want to make sure person will last at least 6 months.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions. questions related to working with others. questions related to working long hours. questions related to disagreement with senior management and peers   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSC (Falls Church, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard. I was contacted by a recruiter and ended up applying online. After that I had a phone interview and was asked to come into their headquarters for 1 of 2 new hire days. This consisted of two 1 on 1 interviews. The first consisted of mostly position-specific questions and the second was interviewing for company fit. I heard back within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about yourself that isn't on your resume?   Answer Question

Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Falls Church, VA).

Interview

I was referred by a CSC person. Because I was a known successful professional in the business it was a very easy interview. We discussed mostly trends in the business and how they would effect systems integrators who had relied mostly on client/server architecture over the last 20 years to drive revenue.

Interview Questions

• The only real question was how much longer I was going to work.   1 Answer

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

Interview process was quite informal, but that's not usually the case. I was being hired by someone I'd worked with before. The other managers I talked to were friendly; no strange questions.

Executive Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at CSC (Chantilly, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Worst process and organization (and I use that term loosely) I have dealt with in a very long time. They tell you that you are their pick and beg you to stay interested while the offer is being finalized. The next step is to draw out the process over months by having you continue to interview with multiple levels within the company. All of this is done to finally decide they do not have the business case to move forward with a hire. HR recruiter was swapped out mid process and the last one did not even have the courtesy to call me with final feedback. I had to hear it from one of the employees that interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Why CSC?
      Why should we hire you?
      What specific business pursuits will you be engaged in for us?
      Are you self sufficient or do you require support?
      Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Falls Church, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with multiple staff and managers. They were open and engaged, ask questions about interests and abilities. They talked their processes and how well it worked and where they are working to improve it. Very professional and thoughtful interview. If feel like I got good insights into CSC and am hopeful

Interview Questions

• How would I build a team within the organization to win new business.   1 Answer

Undergraduate Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Falls Church, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

1) Phone screen with University Recruiter after submitting online application
    2) Phone or In-Person Interview with the Hiring Manager
    3) Offer

I had an overall positive experience during the interview process. The University Recruiter was very responsive to my e-mails and really got the process moving. The entire process lasted less than 2 weeks (applying online, initial phone screen, interview with hiring manager, offer).

Interview Questions

• 1) What do you know about CSC?
      2) Why are you interested in working here?
      3) What are your future career goals and how will an internship at CSC help you get there?
      4) A couple competency based questions (tell me about a time where you.....)

It was an overall easy interview compared to others that I have had. Just do your homework about the company, know why you want to intern there, and how the internship will help you achieve your future career goals, and you will be fine. It was nothing difficult, but you have to do your due diligence.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation in terms of salary because all interns received a set pay rate of $19 per hour.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSC (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. A recruiter contacted me and let me know about the position. A phone screening/interview was scheduled for 4 days later. Once of the phone I spoke with the SOC manager as well as the person in charge of the security division, and so started the 1.5 hour phone interview. I was nervous going in knowing that the entire call would be based on technical questions and being new to the field I felt that I wouldn't know the answers to many of the questions but surprisingly I knew a good amount of the questions. That said I would study as much as possible in the days counting up to your interview. I did but neglected to look up the networking fundamentals which I had become rusty on but still managed to get through. When an question came up that I didn't know the answer too I simply stated that I didn't know and the question was "skipped". As long as you have a good grasp of the information in general and are able to explain your answers in a way that makes sense you should do just fine. KNOW YOUR PORT NUMBERS! My recruiter called me the next day to tell me I got the job.