CSG International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CSG International Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CSG International in February 2017.

Interview

I never applied for this compnay. I received an email from HR telling me my resume was approved and woudl like to have a Skype interview with me which never happend. The individual hired me without having any sort of interview. ODD to say the least.

Interview Questions

• My age and gender. Have I ever workded from home. Have I ever worked on line in any capacity.   1 Answer

Web Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSG International (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Tech screen with an Architect. Architect seemed rude and egotistical, not friendly. When I asked the HR for feedback, the feedback was so egotistical, it was funny! Seemed like the guy wanted to get specific answers. He didn't try to create rapport or reciprocate at all. He said, "overall, he's a very smart guy but we will have to pass."

Interview Questions

• Describe tech stack, what is a clustered index(I'm not a DBA which seemed unacceptab, describe SOLID, what tools was used to do what, was applied.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSG International (Omaha, NE) in December 2016.

Interview

HR Phone call about 30 min, asked about Salary expectations and couple of questions on Java technologies and frameworks. Then Followed up by Hiring Manager where she asked about my role and informed about team details. Then it was an onsite interview each of 30 min one after another. System Analyst, QA Analyst, 2 Senior Programmer and Hiring Manager. No technical questions were asked but all about my previous experience and most of them were about Agile process. I am waiting for the decision.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSG International (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

One Onsite round with Hiring Manager
    One Onsite round with technical person (above average difficulty)
    I cleared both the rounds however they messed up thinking my current salary as expected salary.
    they were ignorant on provide descent raise in salary from my previous one ( just 5 K increase)

Interview Questions

• 1. Why OOP to use like inheritance why can't we use containment?
      2. How to call common method from two implmented interfaces?
      3. How to debug WCF service after you host it?
      4.Why REST and not WCF ?
      Answer Question

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSG International (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by HR a few days later and had a 30 min phone conversation regarding my current work and experience. Four days later I was scheduled to speak for 30 min on the phone with a Software Architect on the team. This segment was purely technical about mostly OOP concepts specifically using C# and some database stuff. He had some pretty advanced questions regarding design patterns. I actually thought I did not so well on this and was surprised to be selected to move on to a 2.5 hour interview. The interview was done using Skype since I was out of town (I interviewed for the Chicago location). The format was five 30 minute segments each with different people. I was caught off guard because I was preparing for a technical test-type interview similar to the phone screen but overall the interview seemed very informal and conversational. They didn't as much seemed to care about what I know but seemed more interested in previous projects I have done and what work methodology I was exposed to (i.e. Agile etc). The interview was somewhat repetitive but very easy and relaxed. Everyone was very friendly except last person I talked to who seemed rather confrontational somewhat condescending - it was just one of those things where we started off wrong and I never properly recovered. I figured this may have messed me up and I was actually not given an offer in the end. The whole process was OK and I am fine for not being selected, the actual reason why I am ultimately inclined to review the process negatively is the utter lack of communication after the interview. I only learned of my rejection after I decided to follow up with HR after 3 weeks of complete silence. I don't think its cool not to follow up at all after going so far through the process.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CSG International (Omaha, NE) in June 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by the manager asking if I was interested in this position.The phone interview was much of a conversation and I was assured that I would be called in for a face-to-face interview and I was first made to explain the projects when I went to the face-to-face interview. That went really well. Then came the technical team with a lot of questions which were easy. I almost answered every question properly and the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience in developing any software in the software industry   1 Answer

Senior Learning & Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CSG International (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manger first, then met with two VPs (business partners) in person. The phone interview went very well--it was more of a conversation than an interview. We had a lot to talk about, and at the end I was told that I would definitely be meeting with her for the next phase of the interview process when she came into town in a few weeks. I then met with the VPs, and both in-person interviews went well. In fact, one of them told me how well I handled her tough questions and it seemed like I'd be a great fit. The following week, I got a call from the recruiter telling me they were "going to pass" and that I would not be moving forward in the selection process. I was frustrated, confused, and disappointed by this. I was misled by the manager, and it left a bad taste in my mouth about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you feel this position or company needs that you might not have?   Answer Question
    • What kind of management style do you prefer?   Answer Question
    • How has your education/work experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
    • What kind of international experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • What's most important when designing training?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant I (Web Developer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CSG International (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a call from recruiter and it was general HR stuff for 30minutes. Then one technical initial phone screening round for 30minutes with basic technical questions, behavioral questions and was invited for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of 5 - 1:1 interview rounds. Basic and intermediate questions on HTML, CSS, AngularJS, node.js and Bootstrap CSS with behavioral (what-if type) questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain the working of AngularJS, node.js. Explain Bootstrap grid system.   Answer Question

Electromechanical Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CSG International in October 2015.

Interview

Asked general questions, took tour of company and then took 2 test, one electronic and one mechanical. Lasted about 2 hours. Got an email the week after saying they are going to go with someone that fits the position better. They reposted the position and offered relocation assistance. What. Waste of my time.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CSG International in September 2015.

Interview

I was brought in for an interview after applying through university recruiting. Mostly questions about my background, the classes I've taken, projects I have worked on. A few behavioral questions as well. The on campus interview was followed up by a phone interview a couple days later, mostly asking about whether i had worked with XYZ language/framework. I did not get further.

Interview Questions

• Have you used SQL before, how comfortable are you with SQL   Answer Question