CSG International Interview Questions in Omaha, NE | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 21, 2016

2.8

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSG International (Omaha, NE) in December 2016.

Interview

HR Phone call about 30 min, asked about Salary expectations and couple of questions on Java technologies and frameworks. Then Followed up by Hiring Manager where she asked about my role and informed about team details. Then it was an onsite interview each of 30 min one after another. System Analyst, QA Analyst, 2 Senior Programmer and Hiring Manager. No technical questions were asked but all about my previous experience and most of them were about Agile process. I am waiting for the decision.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CSG International (Omaha, NE) in June 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by the manager asking if I was interested in this position.The phone interview was much of a conversation and I was assured that I would be called in for a face-to-face interview and I was first made to explain the projects when I went to the face-to-face interview. That went really well. Then came the technical team with a lot of questions which were easy. I almost answered every question properly and the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience in developing any software in the software industry   1 Answer

Senior Learning & Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CSG International (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manger first, then met with two VPs (business partners) in person. The phone interview went very well--it was more of a conversation than an interview. We had a lot to talk about, and at the end I was told that I would definitely be meeting with her for the next phase of the interview process when she came into town in a few weeks. I then met with the VPs, and both in-person interviews went well. In fact, one of them told me how well I handled her tough questions and it seemed like I'd be a great fit. The following week, I got a call from the recruiter telling me they were "going to pass" and that I would not be moving forward in the selection process. I was frustrated, confused, and disappointed by this. I was misled by the manager, and it left a bad taste in my mouth about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you feel this position or company needs that you might not have?   Answer Question
    • What kind of management style do you prefer?   Answer Question
    • How has your education/work experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
    • What kind of international experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • What's most important when designing training?   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSG International (Omaha, NE) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview; interviewer stated salary requirements right from the beginning. The salary seemed low to me. The salary for a senior level AM at CSG is 50K to maybe 55K which isn't much higher than an entry level Account Manager in Omaha. I started out in a similar position at a salary of 60K with added perks. Very low salary for senior level requirements with no added benefits like RSU's etc--bonus package was never mentioned.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CSG International (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Typical phone screening and then a couple of in-person interactions. Questions were pretty general and I did not feel like the interviewer was really interested in understanding my qualifications, but was rather just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when a task you were working went off the tracks and how you addressed it?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSG International (Omaha, NE) in July 2014.

Interview

First, there's an online application. Not sure what they're looking for here but I'm sure there's lots of keyword scanning. Next, phone screening by HR. Lots of fluff job interviewy questions anyone with a brain can do well on. They will bring up important dealbreaker-y parts of jobs that have them - pay attention to that. They ****will**** ask you for a salary quote here - if you want to negotiate, you'll have to plan for that, but don't be caught off guard! Finally, in-person interviews that aren't too painful. No google-style brain teasers but you'll be asked at least some technical problems. If you have prior job experience and didn't fail at it you probably have enough background to do great on the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up-to-date with advancements in your field?   Answer Question

Accounting Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSG International (Omaha, NE) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview- onsite interview- offer. It's about 2 weeks. Highly recommend its internship program. People there are really willing to help you to grow and learn, plus my manager and everybody is so friendly and helpful! Great company culture!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Well paid for an internship.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CSG International (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I found the position posted online and submitted my application with a resume and cover letter that succinctly described how my experience addressed the key requirements of the posted position.

Interview Questions

• How did you grow revenue within your current account base?   Answer Question
    • How many years in your work history were specifically focused on growing current account base vs selling to new clients?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CSG International (Omaha, NE).

Interview

One phone interview followed by one in-office interview.
    The phone interview was basically a more-detailed resume review with the hiring manager. Occasionally an additional pre-screening call may be used, as well, sometimes with 2-3 "basic" technical questions.
    The in-person interview tends to be a three-part visit to the department director, then the lead architect, and then the hiring manager, each with 1 or 2 subordinates for additional questioning. The questions start high-level but become more technical at each stop. The hiring manager usually has a lead and senior developer in the interview who ask several technical questions, including a couple "trick" or extremely advanced questions with the intent of evaluating the quality of an "I don't know" response.

Interview Questions

• A complex SQL query that the applicant is asked whether it is valid or not.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSG International (Omaha, NE) in March 2009.

Interview

not very good