CSIR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.1

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSIR (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Was emailed to schedule an interview in about a month after the application. The interview questions were relatively simple programming wise. I had a long and rewarding chat with my interviewers about potential projects I can do during the internship. They were very friendly and I was satisfied with the experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSIR (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

They asked about the project which was best suited for the given problem statement.
    Me and my friend had a good project idea and we discussed about the requirements regarding time and raw materials. We were guided to do a detailed presentation regarding this project and after completing the presentation the internship was offered.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSIR (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in March 2015.

Interview

Long interview with 3 people from different departments. A lot of behavioral questions. Many job specific questions as well. The interviewers were not the strict type but friendly and comfortable. Each interviewer from the different departments asked different types of questions. The also asked a lot of questions from the CV and work experience as well as achievements.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a crisis and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

SRF Interview

Interview

Abstract submission for the research worked to be undertaken. Based on submitted abstracts selected candidates are called for interview . the interview is held st csir main office . the interview is totally technical.

Research Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CSIR (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was thorough but not over the job. It consisted of two rounds of interviews and then an offer followed. It was a panel interview as well, which also included a personality profile match and a written exercise.

Interview Questions

• What would you do within your first 3 months of the job? Write out an action plan. They gave me 15 mins to type a reply while there.   1 Answer

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSIR (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in September 2013.

Interview

Submitted CV then got called and they flew me in from where I was, then interviewed with a pannel of 5 people. This covered personal questions as well as technical and HR related.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do research?   1 Answer

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CSIR (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview was done in a group, and consisted of members from different skill levels and backgrounds in order to determine if my fit was adequate. Questions were asked in a round-robin manner, and ranged in difficult. Part of the interview process also required that I take a cognitive profile assessment as well as a personality assessment.

Interview Questions

• q: have I used or am I aware of any EA frameworks   1 Answer
    • q: what do I expect from the role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a temp HR at the time of my recruitment and incorrect information was conveyed. so the experience was not a pleasant one.

Business Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CSIR (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)) in May 2013.

Interview

I received a call followed by an email from HR about the presentation I had to prepare and submit a day before the interview. The interview consisted of a panel of four people to whom I had to pitch. The presentation was followed by a question and answer session, the whole interview lasted about an hour and a half.

Bioscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSIR (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview was with a panel of six,very strategic and professional. Questions were based on my academic performance, mentioning the highs and lows. At the end I did not get the internship, postgraduate qualification required.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CSIR (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview pannel will have 10 to 15 members. It is relatively difficult. There will be two interviews. Each interview will be preceeded by personal interaction section with the employer. This interaction can last for minutes to hours. After interaction lab can be choosed.