CSL Behring Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.9

Senior Clinical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CSL Behring (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

Good recruiter. Going into the site interview I had a lot of excitement for the company and position. Overall a bad and semi-unprofessional interview experience. My first impression was poor, as I got the professional shock of listening to the morning receptionist handle phone calls in a very rude and hostile manner while waiting for the interview to start. Pro-tip if anyone from the company is reading this: your receptionist is the first impression, and sometimes only impression that some people have of your company. I've been a medical receptionist, and your company can do much better. During the interview process it became incredibly obvious that I was a filler interviewee, and they had already decided upon the applicant they intended to hire, as several personnel all but stated this during the interview process. I was treated as such, by many of the rest of the 7 interviewers. While waiting for the taxi driver on the way out, I had the pleasure of listening to the afternoon receptionist discuss her perils of online dating with my last interviewer/ escort, in easy earshot to myself and several other clearly professional-minded visitors.

Interview Questions

• Only one real behavioral question from the HR manager: How do you work in a team setting? The rest of the interview largely revolved around my resume.   Answer Question

MES CO-OP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradley, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CSL Behring (Bradley, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled to meet with the hiring manager, and panel of engineers, and the department head (who ended up being unavailable). It was casual and conversational. I was asked many STAR format personality questions. The panel insinuated that they find those questions impersonal. When they had asked the mandatory amount for HR, we proceeded to just chatting about each other's lives and interests.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSL Behring (New York, NY).

Interview

There were basic questions on past experience and skills. A few behavioral questions were asked. The interview with human resources was very unusual and felt almost passive aggressive. That was definitely a big turn off.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSL Behring (King of Prussia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I proceeded through three rounds of interviews talking with at least eight different individuals.

First round was a basic phone screen with an HR representative. This was a very brief discussion mainly to confirm or elaborate details on my resume and how they aligned to the job.

A few weeks later I was scheduled for my first on-site interviews. I met with three individuals, two on-site and one via teleconference. One of the three previously held the role I was interviewing for while the other two were directors that interacted with the role. All three interviews were fairly typical, learn about the role, describe your background, demonstrate how your background ties to the needs of the position. Each interview lasted 45 minutes.

After a few weeks of silence I was contacted for second round of interviews with the hiring manager, two Executive Directors and the Vice President that the role reported up into. My first two sessions were with the Executive Directors, one previously help the position that role would report into while the other was just there to provide a voice into the hiring process. These interviews were the same as the first round focusing on my experience and how it aligned with their needs for the role I was interviewing for.

My third interview that day was with the VP. I had been told in first round of interviews she was a no nonsense individual that could be quite demanding once the meeting room door closed. They were not wrong in their assessment. She was very direct and blunt which I found off putting in an interview where both the company and the interviewee should both be selling themselves to some degree. She made a comment about wanting to save paper and that she would be taking notes on her laptop which she then proceeded to open and place between the two of us. As I spoke she looked down at her keyboard and typed away. Between her not looking at me and the loud banging of the keyboard it was quite distracting. To be honest I have no idea if she was taking notes or multi-tasking and wouldn't be surprised if it were the latter. One the few occasions I could get her to stop typing and look up we had a decent conversation. In the end I left that interview questioning if I really wanted to work in an organization under this person. The company as a whole up to this point seemed great, but something about her just seemed off.

My final interview was with the hiring manager. He himself had just been hired and only started in the past week or two. As a result he could speak very little to the position or his role and how they fit into the bigger picture, the culture, etc.. Instead he started off with the basic HR behavioral interview questions. He ended with a few vague hypothetical questions of what would you do in this scenario or that scenario. After I'd respond he'd reveal a few more details in his scenario and I'd expand on my answer. After going back and forth several times each round with a new detail in his scenario I had to stop and ask if he was looking for a specific answer. It had gotten very awkward by this point. At some point he should have taken my answer, right or wrong, and moved on. By the fifth or sixth adjustment to his scenario it was clear there was one and only one right answer in his mind and he was trying his best to steer me there.

As I left the interview I called my wife to let her know I was done. My immediate assessment was that it seemed like a great company with a lot of great individuals but I didn't think the role was for me. I was turned off by the VP and really struggled to connect with the hiring manager.

Four weeks after the second round I was notified that I would not be receiving an offer, but I had already moved on in my mind anyway.

Interview Questions

• You need to make a decision on whether or not to sell a product in a new market. There is no market analysis available what do you do?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSL Behring.

Interview

I interviewed with various different managers in the company. The whole process took about 4 hours. Everyone was very friendly. No one really asked me any questions beyond the normal variations of typical interview questions. I didn't get a single break during the entire process, which made the whole thing exhausting, but overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a task that you didn't have the necessary skills or knowledge to complete.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSL Behring (King of Prussia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Hands down the worst experience I've had in my career with the poorest treatment. The process was drawn out over 10 weeks and I had separate (not panel-style) interviews with 9 different people over three visits. They are unable to make decisions there without extensive input from everyone and their brother. Each time I received positive feedback from HR about moving along in the process. At one point, I was told the one other candidate I was up against was no longer being considered but that did not automatically mean I was getting the offer - I was then asked to come back for another round. I was also asked to supply three references, all of which gave glowing testimonials of my work - I know this because they told me. During all of this time, I kept being told I would be updated by a certain time. That time would pass and I'd hear nothing. Time and time again, I was told they were going to do something they did not do. Then, I was told an offer was being put together, finally, and that I'd be getting benefits information to review. When they again went ghost for a few days, I suspected something was wrong. Sure enough the following week, they called and told me the "disappointing" news that I was not getting the offer- the "team" had decided that they wanted someone with different experience than what I possessed. At that point, I was no longer interested in working there since the hiring process I figured was a good indicator of how they do business in general - slow moving, no empowerment to make decisions, over-collaboration, lack of integrity, and outright misleading of people. So, I wasn't disappointed because I wanted to work there but only because of the way I was treated, even before I was on their payroll.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral type questions and also some STAR format questions. Nothing manipulative or out of line - some of the 9 people I interviewed with had a very conversational interview style allowing me to ask many questions.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bourbonnais, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSL Behring (Bourbonnais, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager and was brought on site about two weeks later. The interviews consisted of a few one on ones and a panel of two interview. I was asked how I would approach a technical problem by sketching up a PID. I speculate this is asked to see how what your thought process is like.

Interview Questions

• What is an accomplishment in your career that you're most proud of?   Answer Question

Medical Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CSL Behring.

Interview

HR screen, followed by on-site interview. Found culture to be a bit stifling and not collaborative. Employees did not seems happy. Did not get position, but would not have accepted if chosen

Interview Questions

• Describe an innovative approach you took in solving a problem   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CSL Behring.

Interview

Large binder of STAR based questions along with a personality test indicate a sales management team and HR team that is woefully inadequate to properly choose a candidate for a job and that must rely on crutches to make a choice. Yes, sometimes we do hire people that are shams but are fantastic at interviewing but we need to develop a sense of what we want and not rely on the results of a PI or thick binder with scripted STAR questions. The candidates feel undervalued and are unable to truly show what makes them different and extraordianry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you overcame a loss of a large sale.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bourbonnais, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSL Behring (Bourbonnais, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I spoke to a member of the IT department that I would work with, then to an HR representative and then to my eventual supervisor. The meetings were roughly 20 minutes each and were done back to back. HR asked me the general questions about my background and compliance with rules and culture. My supervisor asked me the more technical questions about my skillset to determine if I would be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about us?   1 Answer