CSS Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CSS Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSS Corporation.

Interview

phone technical interview and once pass , onsite technical interview. 5 weeks training and exam to be eligible . Training on switches, rouers, firewalls, storage devices, wireless access points, controllers, vlans, vtp, routing protocols, inervlan routing , ssl vpn, ipsec vpns etc.

Interview Questions

• about DHCP, vlans, routing protocols, IPsec VPNs, RAID levlels etc   1 Answer

Ring Central Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CSS Corporation (Draper, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

When I was called in for my interview, the interviewer was 30 minutes late to bringing me into the room for the interview. When I answered one of the questions wrong, (an important one) the interviewer started checking his emails on his phone while I was interviewing with somebody else over the phone in conference. Every single person I have interviewed with has no sense of humor on purpose, and are totally deadpan, so keep that in mind going in. They have great poker faces.

At the end of that interview, they selected me for a different role they felt I was a better fit for.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between DNS and DHCP.

I have a company laptop I am using at home to work remotely. My user profile has been apparently locked due to entering in my pass word too many times incorrectly. How would you troubleshoot this issue.   2 Answers

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CSS Corporation (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Easy and smooth, but it take a long time to start work and that due to lack of contracts, also it take a long time for other paper work....etc.
    Then I got a call and they asked me some questions about the RF testing.

Interview Questions

• What is the values of the SINR?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSS Corporation (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Was conducted in person with 1 person and in panel type setting. Also involved a phone screen by senior executive. Afforded opportunity to see multiple office areas (and work settings) at location visited.

Interview Questions

• what is your leadership style? how do you motivate people that do not work for you?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CSS Corporation (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Some recruiter contacted me about the position and described it. He didn't seem to know much about it and his main focus was find out my salary requirements. He told me that he thought I was qualified and that he wanted to submit me He said I would be working with Cisco and that I woudl have salary and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Did I have a PMP and how long had I had it. Did I know the PMBOK - if I'm a PM I know the Projkect Managers Body ofr Knowledge.   1 Answer

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CSS Corporation (Draper, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call from HR in the same day Asking few questions about work history and qualifications. scheduled a one to one interview for next week form the day of the phone interview. went to the one to one interview. Normal questions about qualification and certifications.I had to go to another interview to meet the VP. interview atmosphere was friendly nothing out of normal. easy people to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

gave me less offer from what I was told on the interview.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CSS Corporation (Draper, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

HR interview, 1 Telephonic technical and on-site interview. Initially received call from HR for background information followed by technical phone interview and on-site interview. Onsite interview includes topology troubleshooting and RMA, ARP, IPSEC and Network Security related issues.

Interview Questions

• Difference between TCP and UDP?
      Three-way Handshake Protocol.
      SSL Handshake process
      VPN, IPSEC   2 Answers

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CSS Corporation (Draper, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

Several phone interviews, then skype interview, then three in person interviews. The process was lengthy and follow-up was the interviewee responsibility. You must be persistent to get a job here.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Some, they asked for previous w2 to support salary requirements

Bilingual Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CSS Corporation (Draper, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

Piece of cake technical interview. First phone interview then in person interview. Had two people interview me as a group/1:1. Generally nice and well done interview. One of the people seemed disinterested in the interview. Enjoyed the interview. Offer was extended within 4 hours of onsite interview and was fairly competitive.

Interview Questions

• If a mouse wasn't working how would you troubleshoot it?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CSS Corporation (South Jordan, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacting by their HR department. I am not sure if I applied directly or if they contacted me via Monster and/or LinkedIn. First, I had a phone screening interview. There was some basic technical questions and also questions about my work history and technical background. At this point, a face to face interview was scheduled. I arrived and did not have to wait long. The instructions to get to the building could have been more helpful, but I found the place. The interview started, and surprisingly to me, we had to go through everything again from the phone screening interview, because the person interviewing me did not seem to be prepared or have my resume (he also took a phone call at the beginning of the interview, never a good sign). We proceeded to talk about my technical background and job history. At this point we went into sort of troubleshooting scenarios, not having a major understanding of the position what I would be doing, (I did research before coming in and gathered as much as I could about the position) I didn't feel I was answering to what they were looking for. It was a lot of "okay, that's not the problem, so what else?" or "then what, tried that, then what, tried that, then what?" sort of scenarios. At this point I thought, this isn't going well, but I still did my best to answer and if I didn't know something explicitly I was honest and said so. We then went through VLAN's and STP questions scenarios, this is something I don't have a ton of experience with but know the basic concepts. When he asked another question, I said I wasn't sure, at this point he bluntly ended that part of the interview by saying "ok thank you, that's fine (meaning that's enough)" or something to that effect. I found that to be a bit rude and condescending, but then again, I already knew at this point I wasn't quite what they were looking for obviously. Very strange that they would schedule a face to face interview after the prescreen phone interview when I basically told them everything the same. Still, he did ask if I had any questions, which I did, I asked what sort of environment is this like, rows of cubicles, call center type place? Also, I asked how big the team was that I would be working on and he laughed and said he could not tell me that. I really found that strange, as every time I have asked that at other interviews it wasn't treated as some sort of top secret info. Nonetheless, I think we made our minds up this wasn't right for either of us. I politely said thank you and left the interview shaking my head as I left to the car to leave.

Interview Questions

• Complicated VLAN/STP question.   1 Answer