CSX Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CSX Clerk Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Completed online assessment and notified via email a few days later that I had made it to the next step. We met at a hotel conference room and was interviewed by the order of arrival. I arrived an hour early and was the fifth person there so arrive extremely early. They take note of this. There were ten of us. Two person panel interview. Emphasis on safety. Notified via email the following day of decision.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a co worker forgot to put on his safety gear?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CSX

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied Online. Week later received email that stated I had moved to the next step in review process. Week later received congratulations email that I had been chosen for an interview. Interviewed with three other candidates. Day of interview was briefed about company culture and mission. Given detailed description about position and responsibilities. Toured department, reviewed equipment and environment with other candidates. Proceeded to interview each candidate one at a time. Interview panel made up of two people, department supervisor and member of the talent acquisition team. Given standard interview questions. Two days later received email informing me of their decision.

Interview Questions

• If a customer (internal) comes to you and demands that you do something that is not budgeted for that job and becomes irate. How do you handle that person/situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Lots of form emails with little to no feedback until after the actual interview. Standard interview process once you make it through the initial weeding out process. Direct manager and Labor Relations rep attend the interview. LR rep is only there for factual company information, not very knowledgeable about the position.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CSX (Charlotte, NC) in February 2009.

Interview

hiring-written test and a physical is required. I was interviewed by three people. I was told that the railroad entails a different way of life, and it definitely does.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. the job is a closed-shop union job.