CSX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.9

Financial Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Had an on-campus interview which was largely personality based. Prior to first round interview, they took us out to dinner in Jacksonville to meet other employees. Very friendly group. Large portion of the interview was based on a case study/analysis that had to be presented to higher ups. Very time consuming to prepare for this.

Interview Questions

• How will your skills transition into being a good performance employee?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX in September 2016.

Interview

I interview two managers over the phone for 30 minutes. They only asked behavioral questions. I was given an offer less than a week later.

I just found out my offer was rescind because they canceled the internship program. Fortunately, I had another offer, but I thought it was very unprofessional of them.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX in August 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with two managers. It was all behavioral questions. Got an offer within a week. Accepted the offer but still kept looking. Just found out the internship was cancelled. Thank goodness I already accepted another offer. So, unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Interview

You apply take a test , and then wait no matter what you applied for you get the same cliche reply "while your background is impressive we had decided to select candidates that fit more closely to the job description " . The process seems off because you closely match jobs and don't get them , but hey recommended for jobs that have nothing to do with your skills set .

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The in person interview was very professional and easy and everyone was great. There were some technical questions and some work situation questions, but they were all pretty easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy and took no time at all.

Machinist Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• Applied Online from their website, after about a week I asked if I would take a financial aptitude test. The test was about 45 minutes long. A month later was notified that I did not receive the position   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSX.

Interview

Applied Online from their website, after about a week I asked if I would take a financial aptitude test. The test was about 45 minutes long. A month later was notified that I did not receive the position.

Information Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Panel interview where they as 3-6 situational interview questions. They have the expectation that the answers will be delivered using the STAR method
    (Situation, Task, Action, Result).
    They rotate through the panel asking questions provided by HR.

IT Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted via email for a phone interview. Phone interview was conducted by a project manager and a software engineer asking behavioral questions and small technical questions. After perhaps two days I was contacted via email that I was selected for an in person interview at the main campus and that I was to present a case study that they had selected for me. The visit to the campus lasted roughly 4-5 hours, starting with a visit to HR to go over the benefits package, then lunch. After lunch I presented my case study to a board of executives and the head of the leadership development program that lasted roughly 20-25 minutes. Immediately afterwards I went to my technical interview with a senior software engineer that asked a range of technical questions which lasted 45 minutes.

Overall, the most difficult interview process I've had when comparing to my interviews for my previous internships. Even so, it was a great learning experience.

Interview Questions

• What design pattern would you use for (x) problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was expecting to have to negotiate but they had just completed a market analysis and the salary offered was above what I had expected. I was extremely pleased with the offer.

Summer Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. was sent online finance assessment test. Then complete quick phone interview. then they flew me to Jacksonville to present a case study and do two interviews. I was told I didnt get the job because they decided to give it to more qualified candidates which is hard to believe because when i interviewed I was the second most qualified of the applicants there.