CUNA Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CUNA Mutual Interview Questions

Interviews at CUNA Mutual

2.7

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CUNA Mutual.

Interview

Inverview process was very quick and painless. They were very quick to get back to me after the interview. I received a call within days. The interview was very similar to other interviews.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CUNA Mutual (Madison, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Got scheduled for a phone interview then a on-site interview. Then after two weeks and heard nothing back! No results and nothing. Not even a single word. Even if I am not selected, they should tell me how I did during the interview process.

Internship Interview

Interview

Phone Interview was easy. They scheduled me for a final interview, but was emailing each other to cancel the final interview, without knowing I was in the thread of the email. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is the challenge that you think you will face when you are working with CUNA?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CUNA Mutual (Madison, WI).

Interview

1 campus 1-on-1 interview and 1 onsite interview with 2 interviewers. Most of the questions are behavioral.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CUNA Mutual (Madison, WI) in December 2018.

Interview

got cuna mutual interview call from online application process and got a call from hr she asked me questions about my previous project and some behavioral questions and told me you will get call in about a week but i never got a call

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CUNA Mutual (Madison, WI) in October 2018.

Interview

A very complete and holistic interview process including a networking dinner and a follow up interview and tour of campus the next day. Everyone is lively and professional and all questions were fair and tangible.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CUNA Mutual (Eau Claire, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Handed my resume to the recruiter at the Career Conference on Campus. I received a phone call a little over two weeks later about setting up a Skype interview. The Skype interview went smoothly, just asked some basic questions about my education and what I expect out of an internship. I received a phone call about a week later offering me the internship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not have any reason to negotiate since I was just receiving my first internship.

Business Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CUNA Mutual (Madison, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

This role was brought to me by a recruiter. The job description was a "word salad" and after some research I found that it was ripped from some other website. How lazy can HR and the hiring manager get....Anyway, this is a senior role with high visibility and responsibility in the organization and After some prescreening by the recruiter, I had a first phone interview with HR. Pretty standard questions like tell me about your background - nothing technical. They were mainly trying to get at my rationale for WHY CUNA MUTUAL Group and WHY this particular role. At that point I was honest and said the general info on CMG's site was interesting regarding new business they are trying to start, but the job description wasn't terribly helpful. I was willing to see where this process goes. I made it to another phone 30 min call with the hiring manager. She asked similar questions to HR and told a bit more about what the role actually is about. It was very conversational and I felt very good after the call. I was invited in for 3 hour marathon interview. I was to meet 8 people in groups of two. The meetings were about 30-45 minutes each. Basically they asked the same questions over again. Why CUNA, why this job, tell me about your self etc. Nothing was terribly difficult or shocking. I didn't have a good chance to get a sense of the surroundings because I was quickly ushered to a soulless conference room off their atrium. I felt everyone was nice and they weren't trying to tack me to the wall. However, did not get a sense of a lot of energy from them either Many had been there 10, 15 or 20 years and they seem to rush from meeting to meeting to meeting. I was coming out of a entrepreneurial venture that I started, and that was very difficult for them to get their head around. They couldn't conceive of someone leaving the comfort of a secure job to start their own business. It was almost like they were afraid me..YOU DID WHAT!!? Anyway about a week past, then HR called again schedule another follow-up call. The interview team had some follow-up questions they needed to clarification on. They were concerned about my "job hopping" but I has always been at companies at least 2 years so for their culture that is job hopping. Being mature enough to know when to leave a role, is important; but they had trouble understanding that. They also couldn't understand how my answer of WHY I wanted to work there would change from interview to interview. Logic suggests that with each interview I have more information informing and shaping my opinion so naturally the answer should evolve.

HR seemed satisfied with my responses. I was invited back for ANOTHER 3 hour interview. Same kangaroo court style meet N greet. I did get to meet the VP of the department so this was supposed to be the final step before an offer. (Thus far the recruiter said it was all GREEN LIGHTS and an offer should be coming... ) I did get a tour of the buildings and it seems like a nice place, but it's an office. Cubes everywhere. Gray and florescent lights. They still dress business casual and have jeans only on Friday. Conservative. You can tell there are people phoning it in there and there isn't a ton of energy. HR said my final onsite interview went well and she told the recruiter to keep me on the hook and offer should be coming! About 4 days later, I got a call from the recruiter that they decided not to go with me after all that! They thought "he has an impressive background, is engaging to speak with, and has the soft skills we are looking for. The negatives are that he has no EA, Insurance or Credit Union experience so he most likely will need to gain that before he can be effective. " It was odd because they knew from before our first meeting what my background was. This was a very clear and well known fact.

The salaries ARE good and benefits too. Yet, all the great benefits and fluff can make people too cozy and they do not want to disrupt their soft nest. Nobody will take a risk. Nobody will innovate unless it's approved by all the committees. The good benefits also makes employees easy to control. Someone who has been there 15+ years can no longer see possibilities - rather they see everything as a potential threat.

I'm not bitter about the process. It's hard to go through a process and they tell you one thing to your face and then behind closed doors, they decide something else. I directly asked them how I fit, where there any red flags regarding my background. It was all good! They even told me I was exactly the type of candidate they've been looking for!! I had been fast tracked through their process. HR and the recruiter were amazed how fast I was progressing. But then after a month and 1 week and over 6 interviews they said NO.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with the bureaucracy and the ability to not get stuff done as fast as with at other companies or as quickly as at my own company. This was a red flag to me that they like to have LOTs AND LOTs of meetings to quibble and equivocate. The question wasn't hard, but it could be a political trap. I think those are questions you have to watch out for. They are looking for go along get along type people who will side with them. If you show you won't play politics then you might not get in or might not last.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CUNA Mutual (Madison, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

First phone interview with HR, than phone interview with hiring manager. In person interview with hiring manager and coworker. Than in person interview with Department head and another executive. Both in person interviews were one hour long.

Interview Questions

• I followed up a month later to the hiring manager and was told they were still interviewing. I followed up a month later and NO response. Emailed HR and no response. Called and left VM with HR No response.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CUNA Mutual.

Interview

Easy, standard interview. Phone interview, in person, the phone call with offer information. You get a bit of a walk thru the massive office compound which is kind of impressive. At the time there was a starbucks coffee stand and a gym and big cafeteria plus indoor parking for people with higher status.