CUNY (City University of New York) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CUNY (City University of New York) Interview Questions

Interviews at CUNY (City University of New York)

2.5

Interview

The usual academic process of meeting with the search committee, minus (in my case) contact with students and postdocs. Not impressed at all, but I think it was an issue with the Chairperson at the time more than a general problem.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

asked about prior experience and had several rounds of interviews with different members of the team. did take a while for them to get back to me. and i had to wait for additional rounds between interviews for them to get back to me which took weeks.

Interview Questions

• tell us about yourself. what previous experience do you have. what is your degree and background.   Answer Question

Resource Navigator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York).

Interview

after the initial application, there was a questionnaire to answer followed by an interview. the process was quite simple overall probably because the city is in distress with so many covid19 cases.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York).

Interview

Easy! Normal question of interview in academia. Accepted the offer and this was my first job position in my profession here in the U.S after moved from Europe.Working at CUNY was a great experience, i learned new things for the education system here and this experience helped me for the other position after.

Interview Questions

• 1.Did You have thought courses of Geology in English?
      2.Do you have a american reference?
      3.Can we contact your reference? etc.   1 Answer

CUNY Tutor Corps Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) (New York, NY) in August 2020.

Interview

During the interview processing, we first go through easy behavioral interview questions. Afterward, the interviews ask you to pick one of the eight given questions, and you are asked to solve the problem and explain it on your own word.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York).

Interview

Great, ask questions that are in-depth about yourself. Gave a great attitude in what they were looking for in a Professor. Normal Interview nothing out of the ordinary. It was a ​calm environment​, with only one person taking notes.

Database Analyst Interview

Interview

Very simple, involved a meeting with two people who discussed experience and gave an overview of the role. Discussed many aspects of Database design and their current situation. Good opportunity to demonstrate understanding and expertise.

Physics Tutor Interview

Interview

I was asked about background experience as a tutor. Other requirements include time limits at which you must be there which could be difficult to meet if you're a full time student.

Professional Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York).

Interview

I applied online, then had a phone screen. I then went in for an in-person interview and had to do a writing test onsite. I was then sent a seven-page application to fill out, with my entire employment history, references, etc. After spending all that time and energy, I never heard from them again, despite following up.

Full Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) (New York, NY).

Interview

In depth analysis of my skills and potential was required plus a review of my recent theoretical writings and a review of my performance recordings. The interview panel was vigorous in any assessment of present skills and in projecting my future potential.

Interview Questions

• Why did I think I would be successful   1 Answer