CUNY (City University of New York) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.4

Athletic Conference Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and structured. The coordinator kept us at the office for about 30 minutes and the questions that he had asked were very inciteful. You felt immediately comfortable once you walked into the building.

Interview Questions

• Who is your number 1 role model?   1 Answer

College Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was quick and straightforward. There were 2 interviewers who asked questions about my work experience and activities outside of work (hobbies, travel, etc.). There was a lack of communication as to whether I was accepted for the position at first. Wasn't aware until I was asked a week later if I had gone for my fingerprints.

Work Study Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) (Bronx, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interviews were very relaxed and since I was coming in as a work study it really was not a matter of my qualifications but more about my availability and what my class schedule was like.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

This position is civil servant. Took the exam in Dec 2015. Was emailed by HR in July 2016, letting me know of vacancies at a specific cuny school and to send my resume. Resume was sent, had interview in early August. Was interviewed by HR and the department chairperson (she was not present so it was a conference call). HR asked basic interview questions, Chairperson just spoke about the details of the position and asked if my prior experience would be a good fit for such tasks. I was told they would get back to me in 2 weeks. When I got home I received an email with a Job Offer.

Adjunct CLT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) (Bronx, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. All I did was fill out the paperwork, basically. I was practically handed the job; other than me being qualified I assume because they really needed to find someone ASAP. The woman from HR was very kind.

Budget Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online on cuny website, but I had the phone call from cuny central office after 1 month

you can choose the phone interview date.

1st, phone interview (10~15min)

simple question and background check with nice and sweet HR recruiter

2nd, interview in cuny central office

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process seemed to go well. In both the first and second interview, I was asked similar generic questions. They gave me a situation and would like to see how I'd handle the situation. It was very regimented, particularly the second interview the the directors.

I put a lot of weight on myself over it. I unfortunately was not accepted, I was pretty much told in a vast pool of qualified applicants, I was not able to make the cut. I then thanked them in an email and asked what exactly I was lacking for future job applications, as I am very interested in admissions, but never received a reply. I'm disappointed particularly because this was a part-time entry level position and I have both my BA and MA from CUNY. Somewhat shows how they value their own degrees if they're not even willing to accept their alumni.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a particular situation where you felt challenged but overcame it.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The first interview was very short, like 15mins tops. I guess it was an initial screening exercise to sieve through all applicants. I suppose that this was necessary to narrow down to only suitable candidates for further follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions. Nothing too complicated.   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was brief and to the point. Ask you basic personality/introductory questions. Always have your resume handy. The supervisor and a career counselor take the interview. It is not difficult if you are prepared. Know everything on your resume.

Interview Questions

• 1. tell me about yourself.
      2. Why do you want to work at GCMC?
      3. How did you handle difficult situations.
      1 Answer

Lab Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

the interview was easy. I have been interviewed by the chair and three other faculties member
    I am a former student of new york city college of technology, so I knew most of the professors
    They asked me to interpret a chromatogram and explain a basic meltic point lab process