KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

CUNY (City University of New York) Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 161 of over 161 interviews

Interviews at CUNY (City University of New York)

Positive68%
Campus Recruiting16%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

CUNY (City University of New York)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York)

Interview

I applied to be a tutor here in 2019. It went really well because it was easy going. They care less about interviewing skills and more about whether you would be a good tutor or not.

Interview Questions
  • Please solve this math problem and tell us any difficulties you know students may have. Describe how you would get the student through this difficulty.
    1 Answer

CUNY (City University of New York)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York)

Interview

Very Quick, all was explained in terms of what the job entailed and I had plenty of time to ask questions. I had worked at the school prior to this last interview; so the interview went very smoothly.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,930

973 Comments

Join the conversation on

CUNY (City University of New York)

Application

I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York)

Interview

In person interview for part-time registrar assistant. It was mostly basic questions. My major, hobbies, past experiences working as an assistant etc. Interviewed by two people. I met with my interviewers at Hunter college campus (registrar area). Interview was short about 15 minutes. I got a follow up email later that week with the offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CUNY (City University of New York)

Application

I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York)

Interview

Regular questions, not too much techbical but depending on what your position is please prepare yourself.... they might ask questions about that . But they won't ask technical questions just behavioral questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CUNY (City University of New York)

Application

I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York)

Interview

Interview was very very smooth. It was all done in about 2 different stages. I first had a meeting with two marketing managers in the Department for the role. The next stage was meeting the Executive Director who was the hiring manager or decision maker.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CUNY (City University of New York)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) in Apr 2022

Interview

The interview was easy. I went through 2 short interviews with the hiring manager and HR people. The hiring manager asked about my background and related work experience for the job. The entire interview took two weeks. Everything went well and I received the offer two weeks from the time I was interviewed.

Interview Questions
  • what has been your best work achievement to this point in your career?

CUNY (City University of New York)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) in Mar 2022

Interview

Very bureaucratic administration at CUNY made for a very slow interview process even by being hired internally. There were two rounds of interviews, one with HR and one with hiring manager. There was a four month gap between those two interviews. Confirmed that I was the top candidate one week after interview with hiring manager. Took six weeks for them to make an offer. Pay was lo but benefits package is excellent.

Interview Questions
  • Typical interview questions and more technical questions to test proficiency in my job function.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) (New York, NY) in Feb 2022

Interview

Phone screen and panel interview. The next steps would have bene a performance exercise and final interview with the Dean. They ultimately decided not to fill the role at this time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) (New York, NY)

Interview

Fairly standard logistics and it involved a group interview. I withdrew after the group interview because one of the interviews was sarcastic and openly hostile during the interview. He later apologized - as did the hiring manager - but there was no way I could take this as a sign of a good place to work.

Interview Questions
  • "I hear a lot of talk - where's the proof? Why should we hire you?"
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) (New York, NY)

Interview

Adapted to my timeline. Very well organized schedule. It went smoothly and easily. It felt comfortable and safe. This is a great environment. I highly recommend it. Thank you very much

1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 161 Interviews

CUNY (City University of New York) Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at CUNY (City University of New York) as 69.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.50 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Assistant Professor and Tutor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Adjunct Lecturer and College Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at CUNY (City University of New York) takes an average of 30 days when considering 152 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Tutor had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas CUNY Office Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 130 days).

Common stages of the interview process at CUNY (City University of New York) according to 152 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 20.83%