CVHCare Home Health Human Resources Generalist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CVHCare Home Health Human Resources Generalist Interview Questions

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CVHCare Home Health (Dublin, CA).

Interview

The phone screen was great. The recruiter was very friendly and provided great information. However, the in person interview was too long. The details in the email did not state who I would be meeting with, but instead said bring 3 resumes just in case. That is info that should be in the email.

The start involved a COG assessment. Personally, I don’t believe in these types of assessments. It’s like an IQ test. The company should be careful as this type of testing can create a lack of diversity.

After the in person interview began. I don’t feel the interviewer got a chance to get to know me because my resume was being dissected bullet by bullet. There seems to be a lack of trust and it was a bit uncomfortable. The interviewer also said, they would know if it’s the right person within a few moments of meeting them. This mentality is very biased thinking.

I was also told that personality and enthusiasm about learning is what they are looking for and not necessarily hr experience. This job was listed as mid-senior level on linkedin. Wanting personality and enthusiasm as the priority is for entry level positions not hr generalist. This tells me that they are not looking for an HR partner they are looking for an HR administrator. Most HR generalist are very experienced in HR and can give input in HR processes, if not they have a coordinator or administrative title.

It sounds like the job descriptions need to be re-examined. Overall, not the worst interview but not the best. There was a lack of enthusiasm and it really was way to long. That should also be in the email. Be prepared to be there 2 hours! :) good luck!

Again these is are all personal insights and I think overall the organization seems great. There just could be some improvements in the interviewing style.

Interview Questions