CVS Health Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CVS Health Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was an internal candidate applying for a promotion. The interview process was informal- it was really more of a meet and greet between myself and the district manager. For internal employees, feedback from your manager matters more than the interview.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from your current position that applies to the next level?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Anonymous Employee in Harrison Township, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Harrison Township, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Very professional, great benefits, can advance. I felt very comfortable and relaxed due to the fact the interviewer was down to earth and helpful in letting me know all cvs has to offer.i am excited to start my new career

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CVS Health (Chicago, IL).

Interview

you have an interview for about an hour, you allow the interviewer to talk about the company, and then you tell them about yourself in as much small detail as possible, then you answer some interview questions, basically that is all.

Interview Questions

• tell me the pros and cons about yourself, give me some examples of how you handle customers, good, and difficult ones, how do you rate your learning ability.   1 Answer

Negotiation

yes i was, it was based on my experience, so i was able to get them to pay me based on my years doing the job.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CVS Health (Washington, DC).

Interview

Three interviews over the course of two months. It was a long process. All at different locations. Two panel interviews. Interviews where in depth. Each lasted at least an hour. They gave no clues about how they felt about you until the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to decide between you own work and helping others   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Calm, no pressure, The manager that I interviewed with were nice and made it very comfortable to talk with. They did not pressure you in answering. At the end they let you ask them questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• ask general business question,, the what would you do, why would you do it that way.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none. what they offered was great and average to others management positions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (Troy, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and in less than one hour I was called for an interview. I believe that I scared them away when they asked the minimum salary I would take, which was actually slightly less than my previous employer. I went to a second interview and it was more of the same.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Memphis, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online, was sent an e-mail to select a time for a phone interview. Was called by a third party foreigner and asked three questions about my experience and then briefly told about the job. I could tell the person on the phone knew none thing about cvs. The next week I received a call from the store manager asking me to come meet with him at the store location. When I got there I waited in the breakroom for about 5-10minutes before he was ready. The interview was good he asked about my experience and loved the fact that I had my pharmacy tech license already and my B.B.A Degree. He informed me about the position and his background. At the end he said if you dont hear from me by Monday give me a call at 2pm. I called him at 2pm and he was not at the store i was told to call the next day. Spoke with him and he told me they were still making a decision n to call him Friday at 10am if he doesn't call me. I called he said Your top priority I'm just waiting on my boss and he's out of town once again I was told I should hear from him soon and never did. Very unprofessional and constantly given the run around.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with just yourself and 1 cashier everyday?   1 Answer
    • How would you prioritize your workday?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

Monday I had an interview for a pharmacy tech position, that thursday I called thanking her for the interview and letting her know I was still interested and she said they have not made a decision yet and continue to check my e mail. and now its a week later, tuesday.. How much longer should this take??? during my interview she said a week, maybe two and she let me know the next step was the drug testing along with the training.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CVS Health (Mission Viejo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very generic and cut-n-dry. I asked for $25, but received $22, only because my district manager wanted to keep a larger salary range between myself, and my store manager, who only makes $27 after 20+ years of service. I was also required to submit a urine sample.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an assistant manager?
      Are all your training modules complete?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

My rate wasn't based on me, my performance, skillset, contributions, etc., nor the role itself, but solely on keeping a bigger range between my rate and my store managers. In a nutshell, if she made more, I would have gotten the $25 I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed a couple of times as a returning candidate. Meaning I worked for cvs 9 years ago. I got a call and was told they would like to make an offer. As soon as they said that they wanted to make an offer, I was asked again about my current salary. After disclosing what my salary was for the 3rd time over the course of two weeks... What a joke. So the recruiter says I have to reboot my computer and let me call you back in an hour. Correct me if I'm wrong... If you're calling with an offer you have a figure.. No?? Really shady... So after not receiving a call for a day I decided to call back and received an apology. Then he said I can only offer you less than what you're making. All of this reminds me of why I left CVS several years ago!!! I see things haven't changed!!