CVS Health Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

1.8

204 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Interview

My manager asked about my previous work experience as well as my education. My manager also went over store polices. My manager also went over expectations of being an employee.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I applied online and got an interview within a few short days. When I got to the interview, the manager was really sweet and welcoming. The went really well and she basically asked the basic interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Henderson, NV) in October 2017.

Interview

I barely got a chance to speak during the interview. My thoughts are: He had already made up his mind about who he wanted to hire for this position before the interview, so he was just trying to get it over with as quickly as possible. Not applying at this company again.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Basic questions that they usually ask of you. Things about why you want to work, abilities, availability, and effectiveness with communication as well as working with a team. Manager was nice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CVS?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

i went to the store i was applying to and then asked for the store manager, once i he came up to the front he greeted me and i greeted him. then we went to the back to the office and started the interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Conway, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

It went well. The manager was polite. He described the culture of the business, what they expect from employees, how you will be trained, explained the hiring and training process, how much you will be get per hour, and the typical shifts.

Interview Questions

• About yourself (background, experience,ect)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Garland, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Very short interview. It took like 10 minutes. Probably because the store manager is overloaded with work and didn't have much time to talk. They'll usually hire on the first interview. They have a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• They ask me how much I wanted and how many hours I wanted. How soon could I start.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

Went through a very extensive online application and assessment process. Called shortly after for an interview. Arrived in extremely hot/humid weather. Went to one area of store to ask how to contact interviewer. Employee was very curt and short, pointing me to another employee station. At that station, the employee was professional and took to me to a waiting area to have a seat. A few minutes later, the interviewer met me and escorted me to her office for the interview. Interview moved along nicely, until interviewer mis-interpreted an answer to a question. She abruptly stopped the interview, saying she had others to interview, and would call me the next day with a decision. I never heard back from them, which I see all too often, and is a professional discourtesy. They got a thumbs down for this, being dismissive over one question that I answered very thoughtfully, and in the process passed up on a very loyal and passionately dedicated worker and team player.

Interview Questions

• OTell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • If you see an employee not following procedure, what will you do(Of course if someone is stealing or doing something that could jeopardize the store or other employees, naturally I would tell someone right away). My answer(thinking she was referring to matters not related to will full misconduct), in relation to what it sounded like she asked: If it is a new employee just learning their way around the store(ie, technical like accidentally ringing in wrong item, or things like that) I would talk to the employee first so they would not feel undermined(hurting worker relations), and avoiding being a continuous bother to mgt, then would go to them if it continued). Of course things like theft, sleeping on the job, no checking id for alcohol, things like that I would report immediately, however the way the question was worded to me sounded like she was just talking about procedure/technical/learning.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CVS Health (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Was real quick, he didn't have much time, he was busy unloading a delivery truck , so he rushed through the interview, I don't think he remembered I was even coming

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CVS Health (Columbus, OH).

Interview

It was strange, in a very tiny office alone with the store manager, not many questions that I can remember, but no table in between us or any sort of normal interview process.

Interview Questions

• Typical "what would you do" questions for customer service   Answer Question