CVS Health Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

1.8

190 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Conway, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Conway, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

It went well. The manager was polite. He described the culture of the business, what they expect from employees, how you will be trained, explained the hiring and training process, how much you will be get per hour, and the typical shifts.

Interview Questions

• About yourself (background, experience,ect)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Cashier Interview

Interview

i went to the store i was applying to and then asked for the store manager, once i he came up to the front he greeted me and i greeted him. then we went to the back to the office and started the interview

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Garland, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Very short interview. It took like 10 minutes. Probably because the store manager is overloaded with work and didn't have much time to talk. They'll usually hire on the first interview. They have a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• They ask me how much I wanted and how many hours I wanted. How soon could I start.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

Went through a very extensive online application and assessment process. Called shortly after for an interview. Arrived in extremely hot/humid weather. Went to one area of store to ask how to contact interviewer. Employee was very curt and short, pointing me to another employee station. At that station, the employee was professional and took to me to a waiting area to have a seat. A few minutes later, the interviewer met me and escorted me to her office for the interview. Interview moved along nicely, until interviewer mis-interpreted an answer to a question. She abruptly stopped the interview, saying she had others to interview, and would call me the next day with a decision. I never heard back from them, which I see all too often, and is a professional discourtesy. They got a thumbs down for this, being dismissive over one question that I answered very thoughtfully, and in the process passed up on a very loyal and passionately dedicated worker and team player.

Interview Questions

• OTell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • If you see an employee not following procedure, what will you do(Of course if someone is stealing or doing something that could jeopardize the store or other employees, naturally I would tell someone right away). My answer(thinking she was referring to matters not related to will full misconduct), in relation to what it sounded like she asked: If it is a new employee just learning their way around the store(ie, technical like accidentally ringing in wrong item, or things like that) I would talk to the employee first so they would not feel undermined(hurting worker relations), and avoiding being a continuous bother to mgt, then would go to them if it continued). Of course things like theft, sleeping on the job, no checking id for alcohol, things like that I would report immediately, however the way the question was worded to me sounded like she was just talking about procedure/technical/learning.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CVS Health (Columbus, OH).

Interview

It was strange, in a very tiny office alone with the store manager, not many questions that I can remember, but no table in between us or any sort of normal interview process.

Interview Questions

• Typical "what would you do" questions for customer service   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CVS Health in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online
    Got a call very shortly after
    Went in next day, got to start immediately even though I was 30 minutes early. Short interview, hires in the spot. Very friendly. Explained everything clearly and answered any and all questions very well.
    Explained how the hiring process will go )I'll get an email for background check and such, then will go to a class, than will start after that.
    Explained that I will be working everywhere in the store including the pharmacy.

Interview Questions

• Just basic qquestions confirming age, location, and past experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutherfordton, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Rutherfordton, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I was in there about 15 minutes at the most and I spent like 5 minutes just waiting on the person who was giving me the interview and the people were just very rude the person who interviewed me only asked only two questions

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call, scheduled an in person interview for about a week later, got offered the job on the spot. Took a while for the background check to go through and then the first week or two in store was training.

Interview Questions

• What does working on a team mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Venice, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Venice, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

- Very informal talk about hours wanted, pay range, and experience. Be weary they may promise you more hours than they can actually deliver. The process of interviewing and orientation will take weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work at CVS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very formal and straight forward. Mostly wanted to know availability and about you and how you can help the company. The interview was not very long, maybe 20 minutes and I got an email telling me I got the job and not a phone call.