CVS Health Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CVS Health Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2017

1.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call, scheduled an in person interview for about a week later, got offered the job on the spot. Took a while for the background check to go through and then the first week or two in store was training.

Interview Questions

• What does working on a team mean to you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health in February 2017.

Interview

After about 3 weeks, I received a call regarding my application and scheduled an interview with a manager-in-training. I did not exactly have the best experience -- for one, the manager was in-training and sent me to the wrong CVS location for an interview in a different town (different from which I applied to, without giving me a heads up). While it wasn't far away, he wasn't entirely apologetic when the wrong store called and informed him he sent me to the wrong location. He asked me absolutely no questions other than my availability and whether or not I had any questions for him (which I did, of course, to demonstrate a genuine interest in the company). He stumbled the whole way through and couldn't honestly offer a positive comment regarding it -- an immediate red flag. Plus, since I am a college student seeking part-time work, he seemed immediately turned off by my "limited" availability because he said he was looking for someone to work 30+ hours per week (then why did he call me back if I did not fit his company's needs?). I'm kind of glad I didn't get hired here; between this location's new management changes, the unprofessionalism of the new management, poor communication, and the fact that this awkward interview did not draw out more than 5 minutes, this was a COMPLETE waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online got called a couple days later and went in that same day got asked simple questions and she told me a little about the job. Got called the next day to say I was hired!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

was a long time ago but from what I remember it was very brief, I signed some papers, and was told when I would be put on the schedule. Never trust the training time frame, they will tell you to have everything done two weeks before the paperwork says and I don't know why. No drug test for cashiers but there is one for promotions. One on one interview.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CVS Health (Providence, RI) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was a normal interview. They ask you basic questions about your past experience with sales and retail. My location asked me questions specifically about how I would handle the population of people that would come in. It was more informational than it was question based. Just practice basic interview skills, questions, and answers and you are good to go!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with problems?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

The interview process was you get a call from management and you are asked a series of questions. Then you had a background check done and were sent to training for a day.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

It was easy. I applied online, received the called in a couple of days about interviewing over the phone, then had in person interview and then drug test. Fairly simple and easy, they've vamped up the quality of their interview process.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

So easy, showed up in jeans and a collared shirt, manager was extremely nice and easy going. It was super casual and the whole process was pretty painless. I spoke with her on the phone once, came in for an interview, and then she called that afternoon to say I got the job and give me details about training.

Interview Questions

• She asked general questions about my experience, skills, and availability.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (Westfield, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they didn't call me right away. They called me about 3 months after, maybe more. After he asked me the questions he told me that I had a really nice personality and he would've hired me on the spot if I wasn't 17(because I'm a minor) However, he called me three days after and hired me.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you have any past experience with cashiers?
      Q: What's your availability on the weekdays but most importantly on the weekends?
      Q: How old are you?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied Online, was called by the manager of the store. He met with me and told me all the functions of the Cashier position. He said part of the job was to lift up to 40 lbs., clean the bathroom, work different shifts depending if I was needed by other stores nearby. Manager also stated the Cashier position was to be part-time and for minimum wage. The manager was very nice. The store was very large and was in a busy area. The manager also told me that there was a lot of job growth and that the company always liked to hire from within.