CVS Health Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

2.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Riverbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Riverbank, CA).

Interview

It was very easy. The manager simply asked if I had any previous work experience and then asked if I could speak Spanish as I had stated on my resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Gaithersburg, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Hiring process is smooth. Long questionnaire online; make sure you complete all of it. Interview was fairly straightforward. Asked questions about experience, goals, personality, teamwork, etc. They provide all of the training that you need upon hire.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond the call of duty   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Interview

Boss called me and asked me when I wanted to start, I told him I could start right away and he gave a start date. I had to apply online and have a drug test and background check.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

seventh time's the charm. I learned alot about interviews and the hiring process. Almost like an internship but it came at the right time. Happy to have the chance to work there. Good opportunity to build a reputation and a practice in the workforce. I brought in certain terminology that improved my chances.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ok

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broken Arrow, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Broken Arrow, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

Well they ask you questions about your past jobs obviously but then they ask you how well you can talk to people and how good your social skills are and so on.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Ask basic question, work history, time available, reference. Applied online, if they are interested they will contact and set up interview appointment. Depending on position dress business casual, if they like you expect a call within next week

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

1 Interview A Few Days After Applying If Current Location Needs Staff

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CVS Health (Fayetteville, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online at ALL the positions I knew i could get to in Georgia. About two months later I finally got a call back for an interview. I was early and i guess he was impressed by it. I started the inerview early and he explained there were only two slots open and he was interviewing 14 people. He asked basic questions like why did you pick CVS, name a time when you did blah blah blah, help a customer, and etc. Since I had a lot of cashier experience he said he could could me a little more than just 8 an hour and that I would know something on Friday and asked if I had any questions for him. I believe you should ALWAYS have at least 1 question to seem interested. 2 days later I got an email asking if I wanted the position. Fairly easy interview, but you need to show your friendliness and smile a lot! Good luck! (:

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything difficult. If anything having to tell him I couldn't work Mondays and Wednesdays because I am a college student.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. I did get paid a little more like he said so there was no need for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

You have to apply online through cvs's website. It is a pretty simple process to apply. If they like your resume they will call you up and have you come in for the first of two interviews. If they pick you, you come for the second interview then you have onboarding which is the hardest part of being hired.

Interview Questions

• they will ask you questions on how to handle certain customer care problems so be prepared to answer!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied for a job as a part time cashier while in high school (10 hrs/week). It started out with an online form. Had me submit a resume and cover letter, along with standard work history and stuff. Then I had to do an "online aptitude test", which considered of questions such as, "What's more important: helping people or making money?" More of a common sense test. No one at all should have problems with it.

So then I received a call-in for an interview. I walked into the store, and asked for the manager. The interview was held in the office in the back. Manager was really nice. It worked out well because the person interviewing you is who you'll be working for. It lasted for 20 minutes, about half of which were about availability and pay. Only one "real" question, see below.

Interview Questions

• "What differentiates great customer service from legendary customer service?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Gave higher than expected. Asked for 7.50, but offered 7.95. After working it seems that 7.95/8 dollars an hour is the standard throughout the company, so it doesn't seem particularly negotiable in hindsight.