CVS Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CVS Health Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.6

Intern/Associate Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

After filling out the online application, the online training/survey portion had to be completed. The interview was brief, which consisted of a few questions about myself and about five interview situational questions. It did not take long to here from the company once it was complete. However, the person that interviewed me was rude and looked distracted during the entire interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work with a difficult colleague/customer.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

A Florida Recruiter emailed me at 5pm to choose a phone interview slot because they were interviewing the next day based off of "urgency needs". I confirmed my time with the Recruiter who proceeds to inform me that all the time slots are full but I will be considered for the next round. I spent all night preparing for the phone interview to hear that there are no more time slots? Very unorganized, dissappointing, and makes me feel like another number.

Senior Analyst - Specialty Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter who asked me the same exact questions I answered during the application process (e.g. additional skills, am I authorized to work in the US). After the conversation the recruiter said they would get back to me after he speaks with the hiring manager and that he typically meets with the team on Thursdays. The following Monday, I reached out to the recruiter to see if there was any update - no answer, straight to voicemail. I then receive an automated message later that day that they decided to go with another candidate. Normally it's fine to get those notices, but why would the recruiter tell me that they would reach out to me with an update as soon as possible, then an automated message. It would have been great to get an idea if it was pay or something else that could help me down the road - or let me know if there was some potential for other roles in the company. Poor recruiting job.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - same as the online application.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health in February 2017.

Interview

After about 3 weeks, I received a call regarding my application and scheduled an interview with a manager-in-training. I did not exactly have the best experience -- for one, the manager was in-training and sent me to the wrong CVS location for an interview in a different town (different from which I applied to, without giving me a heads up). While it wasn't far away, he wasn't entirely apologetic when the wrong store called and informed him he sent me to the wrong location. He asked me absolutely no questions other than my availability and whether or not I had any questions for him (which I did, of course, to demonstrate a genuine interest in the company). He stumbled the whole way through and couldn't honestly offer a positive comment regarding it -- an immediate red flag. Plus, since I am a college student seeking part-time work, he seemed immediately turned off by my "limited" availability because he said he was looking for someone to work 30+ hours per week (then why did he call me back if I did not fit his company's needs?). I'm kind of glad I didn't get hired here; between this location's new management changes, the unprofessionalism of the new management, poor communication, and the fact that this awkward interview did not draw out more than 5 minutes, this was a COMPLETE waste of time.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (North Aurora, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a call from the manager on a Tuesday to come for an interview the same day . Since I had other interviews on Tuesday and Wednesday, I told him that I could go on Thursday. He made a comment like "you were busy today and tomorrow?". In any case, we set up the interview for Thursday. He didn't ask me any other questions. I had put down in my application that I didn't have any retail experience. When I went there, he asked me whether i had any retail experience and I said no. He asked me about my available hours. I told him that I am available Monday thru Thursday anytime, most of the Friday, I am also available anytime, once in while I go with my friends on a Friday and that Friday I could work only until 5 PM. He (very rudely) interrupted me saying "I am asking about normal Saturdays and I am not interested to hear other things. If you tell me that you can't do on certain days during interview, I'll end the interview now.". So much for being honest. I was just about to leave because I didn't want to report to a arrogant manager like him. He acted like he not only owns that store, but he owns CVS. When he told me the pay ($10 dollars per hour) which he could have told me on the phone (in which case I wouldn't have gone) and I told him that it wouldn't work for me, he said "we are done". Didn't even come to open the door for me. I have never seen an arrogant manager like him.

Analytics Athlete Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health in February 2017.

Interview

I was too nervous the hear clearly during the phone call. The lady called in 5 minutes late. The methodology they use is more like traditional bio-statistic one. During the interview , we had some case analysis and she gave me some hints about what model to use but I have never heard of. Later I checked with my friends who worked in bio-statistic and he pointed out it was normal for people that not in that area

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Woonsocket, RI) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. I was asked to complete a SQL Test on Hirevue. There are 5 questions, which were easy to me. The recruiter got back saying the test was good, and the Director wanted me to talk with a Sr. Manager on another phone. The second interview turned out to be a disaster. The Sr. Manager didn't seem well as he coughed and talked like his voice was via his nose. I asked if he was ok. It was very difficult to catch his words to understand what he was saying. After his introduction I didn't understand and asked him to repeat, but still didn't understand his words. Much guessing for words during the interview. Asked to rate my predictive modeling skills as well as some others. A previous project was picked up to discuss, which wasn't a predictive model but an heuristic optimization model. Some questions to ask to walk him through from data processing to create the model. I explained the way the model was created with data from a database, how we preprocessed data, of course not the way data would be preprocessed for a predictive model, how the constraints were created via matrix operations. Doesn't seem the explanation was understood. I told him that the model was an optimization model so the way to pre-process data wasn't like a predictive model. Overall it was incredibly challenging to understand the interviewer's words, and I believe there was disconnection or misunderstanding in the communication during the interview. It was my mistake not to tell the problem right away and ask for rescheduling.

Interview Questions

• SQLdata cube, special join, SQL operators like IN. Pick a previous project, walk through the steps.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Interview

the manager was very friendly but professional. it was a one on one interview. the manager asked basic questions like what I thought the job require and why I wanted the position.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me the next day to setup a phone interview. The guy on the phone asked me some basic interview questions. I was hoping to have an in-person interview instead. They guy on the phone was friendly overall.

Interview Questions

• Why CVS? What do you think are good qualities of a manager? How would you deal with an employee who isn't performing?   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bessemer, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CVS Health (Bessemer, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

Signed in with security, brief one on one interview with the Dept. Supv. He asked basic questions, but started with "tell me a little about yourself." Then he took me on a quick tour of the warehouse.