CVS Health Clerk/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

1.8

168 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Applied online, received a call to schedule an interview within the same day. Interview only took about 15 mins. Since I have no related experience, they mostly asked about my last job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health (Tuscaloosa, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a couple days later from the store manager, inviting me in for an interview. Basic questions related to customer service and availability, as well as some scenario questions where I was expected to detail how I would respond.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CVS?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question
    • Towards the end of your shift, you have been tasked with finishing a project but you notice that there is a long line of customers at the front. Do you attend to the customers or the project?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is an appropriate reason for someone to miss work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

so, i got a phone call from a manager to schedule an interview for the next day. this interview was not nerve wracking at all, especially for me because i have had so many interviews in the past months. the manager was very nice and asked me a few questions, he mostly let me talk the whole time. he only asked for clarification a few times when i spoke so he can stay on board with what i was explaining to him. CVS IS BIG ON CUSTOMER SERVICE, SHOW THOSE SKILLS. he said he's hiring 3-4 people and he will get back to everyone by next week. the interview went very well, i think i got it

Interview Questions

• what does customer service mean to you? tell me about yourself? how do you work with people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Bloomington, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

About 5 days after submitting my online application, I received a phone call from CVS to schedule an interview. The interview was super easy - no questions at all about job situations, past experience, or anything. The manger basically said they really need people and he would call me back in a few days.

He followed up and called to offer me the job, but I had just been offered a job with a different company that payed more and was a far better work environment than CVS, so I declined the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty much like a standard interview, questions about why you would be suitable for the job their expectations and open availability on your behalf as well as reliable transportation.

Interview Questions

• Would open availability be a problem for me?   1 Answer
    • Why do I want to work for cvs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

it was quick and easy. the manager knew and understood where I was coming from. The questions were easy to understand and had time to answer each and every one correctly.

Interview Questions

• am I available to work evenings?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health (New York, NY).

Interview

The Interview Process wasn't difficult. I had applied online and called back to location about aweek later asking to speak with the Store/Hiring Manager. She turned out to be pretty cool & we ended up setting up an interview later that week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Strengths/Weaknesses, How to Deal with Angry Customers etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to schedule an interview, went in for the interview on site ..smiled all through the interview to give a friendly and outgoing impression. I made sure i asked a question after

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Rochester, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online through CVS website. Several weeks later I was asked to come in for an interview. ASM interviewed me in manager's office. It was a mix of standard questions most retailers ask and some management questions. Nothing caught me off guard. Manager told me I could pick up extra hours working in the pharmacy and at other store locations. Mentioned future management opportunities based on past experience as a manager. I was told i'd get an email offer in a week at the end of the interview. I thought that was code for we don't want you. However, I was offered a $9.80/hour cashier position. I needed to fill out several online forms. The final email was the orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? How would you manage your time if given multiple tasks to complete?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and completed the online virtual job tryout. I was called asking if I was interested in doing an interview about 5-6 days later. I went in to the interview and was asked about my experience, a little bit about me, she went over my resume and referred to me about some things, and then I was given an offer :) It was a relatively casual and easy interview as well as fairly short- twenty minutes maybe.

Interview Questions

• When is your availability? Tell me a little bit about yourself. What is your current address?   Answer Question