CVS Health Clerk/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CVS Health Clerk/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty much like a standard interview, questions about why you would be suitable for the job their expectations and open availability on your behalf as well as reliable transportation.

Interview Questions

• Would open availability be a problem for me?   1 Answer
  • Why do I want to work for cvs?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health (New York, NY).

Interview

The Interview Process wasn't difficult. I had applied online and called back to location about aweek later asking to speak with the Store/Hiring Manager. She turned out to be pretty cool & we ended up setting up an interview later that week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Strengths/Weaknesses, How to Deal with Angry Customers etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to schedule an interview, went in for the interview on site ..smiled all through the interview to give a friendly and outgoing impression. I made sure i asked a question after

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Rochester, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online through CVS website. Several weeks later I was asked to come in for an interview. ASM interviewed me in manager's office. It was a mix of standard questions most retailers ask and some management questions. Nothing caught me off guard. Manager told me I could pick up extra hours working in the pharmacy and at other store locations. Mentioned future management opportunities based on past experience as a manager. I was told i'd get an email offer in a week at the end of the interview. I thought that was code for we don't want you. However, I was offered a $9.80/hour cashier position. I needed to fill out several online forms. The final email was the orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? How would you manage your time if given multiple tasks to complete?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and completed the online virtual job tryout. I was called asking if I was interested in doing an interview about 5-6 days later. I went in to the interview and was asked about my experience, a little bit about me, she went over my resume and referred to me about some things, and then I was given an offer :) It was a relatively casual and easy interview as well as fairly short- twenty minutes maybe.

Interview Questions

• When is your availability? Tell me a little bit about yourself. What is your current address?   Answer Question

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

There was no interview. I went in and spoke to the manager and on the same day I submitted an application. Within a week I got an email saying I got the job and the same day the manager called and told me when orientation would be. (Orientation is a good 7 hours but it is paid)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I wasn't prepared for any of the questions at this CVS. I was originally suppose to have an interview with the shift manager but I was thirty minutes too early and interviewed by another manager (who didn't even work at that particular location, he was helping out due to the holidays). I thought the questions were a bit hard. It was a learning experience but nonetheless the manager was nice. I called to follow up about the interview with the store manager but he rushed me off the phone which I thought was rude of him.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you needed to give customer service to an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you as an individual?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability in terms of hours and days?   1 Answer

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health in September 2016.

Interview

I was a little nervous going into it, but as soon as we sat down and started talking, the interview went from a formal Q&A to a friendly conversation. The manager was very detailed in what the job demanded and what I should expect. She really just wanted to make sure that I felt like I could handle the workload and that I would be a good fit for her team.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CVS Health (Fresno, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online during summer around July and August and just got a call in September to be interviewed. It wasn't a long wait, and the interview took about 30 min but felt longer because the person interviewing put you on the spot. A lot of the questions were deep and I didn't expect any of them. I suggest going to this interview to look and be confident and prepare for some hard questions. We talked about former employers, jobs, skills, and I was asked a lot about myself. overall, it was not that bad!

Interview Questions

• If I, the manager, were to tell you to clean up aisle 1 and another employee tells you you need to do something urgent, which task would you do first?   Answer Question
    • are you an introvert or extrovert   Answer Question
    • tell me of a time where you and a coworker didn't agree on something and what did you do to resolve the issue   Answer Question

Cashier/Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I only had applied to be a cashier and the interviewer was very set on me becoming a Pharmacy Tech and having to take classes 2 hours away. If I wanted to just be a cashier I still had to take a 5 hour class.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I wanted from CVS and about my past work experience.   Answer Question