CVS Health Interview Questions in Irving, TX | Glassdoor

2.3

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Irving, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for a brief phone screen. Received a HireVue video invitation a few days later. Spoke with a person in the department for hire. The interview was a waste of my time. I wasn't expecting a great experience when I realized the type of interviewer (foreign, contracted employee) conducting it. I was never asked about SQL. My interview was less than ten minutes and simply asked "tell me about this job". I was blatantly told I was not in consideration for the next step of the interview process. I applied because his was an entry-level position, but the interviewer stated their looking for a higher level of experience. Then why was my resume pulled, I should have received the "thank you for applying" email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the jobs on your resume. That's it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Irving, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter. Same day received a HireVue email to record interview questions. Later face to face with two hiring managers. The interview process was pretty standard for the exception of the HireVue. This is the third time I've ever had to use HireVue as a part of the interview process.

Prior Authorization Reviews Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Irving, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Not impressed as questions asked did not seem relevant to the job functions of the position. The two interviewers seemed intimidated as they were much younger and their questions were more focused on how I am going to adjust from holding higher positions such as CEO, CFO, President, PIC/Pharmacy Supervisor, and partial and full ownership in four different companies. It was almost like they were implying I was overqualified. I explained that I was at a stage in my life where I don't want the tremendous responsibilities that are attached to ownership and/or leadership positions. I told them I have 4 children 12 and younger, and felt it was time to work my shift using high standards and be able to punch out after my shift and be able to turn it off and enjoy my family. This is something almost impossible to do in high level positions or ownership of companies.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on transitioning from the high level positions you have held to reviewing prior authorization requests and appeals? I don't see the relevance in that question!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Irving, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Each interviewer was friendly and provided a realistic outlook on the company. I was able to ask questions pertaining to the job and receive answers that made my decision easy.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of one time where you went above and beyond.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Irving, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

CVS Health came to our campus. Did not get selected for the on-campus interview then, but they reached out to me about a month later. I had another job offer already, so they expedited the process. Recruiter was extremely helpful and told me what I should expect, how to prepare, and what topics I should concentrate on. Discussed salary in the first call with the recruiter. I was very satisfied because it is my "first real job out of college." Later, I went into the office and had an interview with 2 senior managers. Very friendly. Was really prepared thanks to my recruiter's tips. They told me that this was going to be the end of the process and they'll make their decision soon, however, I got a call in the next two days asking for another face-to-face interview with the Director. I agreed. I went in 2 days later. The interview was mostly behavioral as well. The next day, the recruiter called me with the offer letter.

TIP: If you want this job, research thoroughly about the company. They were impressed with me that I did my research about the company and its current standings.

Interview Questions

• How do you network? How do you adapt yourself to a new environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Irving, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It was my first interview out of college. And it was a great experience. I went through two phone interviews and 2 in person interviews. They made me feel extremely comfortable. Depending on who interviewed it was more question and answer based or more discussion based (which I personally prefer).

Interview Questions

• What about your experiences do you think can help you in this field?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Irving, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

1. Email from recruiter for a phone interview.
    2. Phone interview with recruiter.
    3. 1st on-site interview with potential manager
    4. 2nd on-site interview with director

Recruiter presented the job offer. Once you accept, your information will be sent for a background check. After background check, you give a drug test at an approved clinic.

Interview Questions

• Have you been in a difficult position with a client and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (Irving, TX).

Interview

They were quick to respond to me applying for the position and were very quick and though about the interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the generic questions that have meaningless answers.   Answer Question

Project Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CVS Health (Irving, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

My experience was a mess and CVSCaremark wasted my time.

I interviewed face-to-face with one director for a position back in September. They liked me but could never get their act together to pursue a second in person interview with leadership.

Then in early December I heard back from the recruiter asking me to apply for another position, saying they'd had some 'leadership changes'.

Before I agreed to re-apply, I confirmed that my previous salary expectations could be met by this other position. I was seeking at 12%-15% increase. I was told that the position supported my expectations. I then had additional phone interviews with two other directors, and the went pretty well.

I will note that the hiring director was very proud of his interviewing style, which he warned could include multiple repeat calls form him until he was satisfied. He said they were in trouble on THE BIGGEST PROJECT EVER in the history of pharma benefits, and they needed senior people.

I was a little surprised to hear from the recruiter the next day with an offer. As soon as she said 'I'm please to make you an offer...' at my current salary, I cut her off and asked what was happening, since I had clearly confirmed salary requirements and posted them in my application.

The recruiter said she had asked the man who would be my immediate manager not to force her to extend this offer, but that he said this was what his manager wanted them both to do. So she proceeded.

The recruiter went back to the leaders after my refusal of their offer, but wasn't able to get them to budge.

Still scratching my head on this one and I'm sure it's all for the best!

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. None of the interviewers asked me anything I hadn't been asked before.   Answer Question

They are low ballers.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CVS Health (Irving, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiting then face-to-face. The phone interview and the in person interview were about 1 month apart. I was interviewed by the manager of the department and the director. I was asked a series of personality type questions as well as knowledge and healthcare experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well under pressure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really much room for negotiation for such a large company.