CVS Health Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

CVS Health Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty much like a standard interview, questions about why you would be suitable for the job their expectations and open availability on your behalf as well as reliable transportation.

Interview Questions

• Would open availability be a problem for me?   1 Answer
    • Why do I want to work for cvs?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied Online, was called by the manager of the store. He met with me and told me all the functions of the Cashier position. He said part of the job was to lift up to 40 lbs., clean the bathroom, work different shifts depending if I was needed by other stores nearby. Manager also stated the Cashier position was to be part-time and for minimum wage. The manager was very nice. The store was very large and was in a busy area. The manager also told me that there was a lot of job growth and that the company always liked to hire from within.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I wasn't prepared for any of the questions at this CVS. I was originally suppose to have an interview with the shift manager but I was thirty minutes too early and interviewed by another manager (who didn't even work at that particular location, he was helping out due to the holidays). I thought the questions were a bit hard. It was a learning experience but nonetheless the manager was nice. I called to follow up about the interview with the store manager but he rushed me off the phone which I thought was rude of him.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you needed to give customer service to an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you as an individual?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability in terms of hours and days?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had 10 interviews.
    Got 3 offers.
    Easy questions, directly related to the job descriptions
    All the store managers were super nice except for one.
    They like when you arrive on time or 5 mins earlier.
    Some of them liked when i answer questions in details.
    Be yourself and honest.
    They answer all the questions you ask about the job, salary , hours.
    They call you in like a week to tell you if you got the offer or not.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle one problem that happened in your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a union store so no negotiation

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

Interview

months after application was submitted got a call to interview at that point I had even forgot that I applied but still accepted the offer to be interviewed, arrived 15 minutes early and the manager was not prepared for my appointment

Store Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

had a brief conversation with a recruiter on the phone for the 1st interview, literally 6 mins. that's how quick it was. he asked like maybe 4 questions and I couldn't believe that was it. I had to ask him questions for the next 10 mins just to get to 15 mins! and he did not make the position sound like it was worth it but the second interviewer was even worse. spent about an hour with a store manager and she had a packet of questions she was supposed to ask me but we never got through it. she asked me maybe 3 real questions, half heartedly, but stated how she was so bored with interview questions in general but she had to write something down bc she had to turn something in. we literally talked about her employees and how many people start this job and either end up quitting or get fired bc it's just not a fun job and you work so much. definitely didn't make me want the job but I just couldn't believe how unprofessional the entire thing was. I spent over an hour of my time to come out there, drove over 30 miles to the store she was at and she didn't even care to actually get to know me. I felt like we were gossiping over terrible employees she's worked with and how most don't last in that position bc they just can't handle it and only if you love to get sweaty dirty, hands on and work a bajillion hours and put up with crappy people will you like the job. seriously? such an non friendly HR filled hour of my life I won't get back. no surprise I got a rejection email considering she didn't even have anything to turn into her DM about me since she didn't even interview me. what the hell was the point in all that? not that CVS is my dream job but come on. I guess I shouldn't be surprised when you look at the state of the stores and their physical conditions and how ghetto the majority of them are.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with a really crabby old lady that was your employee?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Santa Ana, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Inteview was quick and to the point. Hired on the spot probably because they really needed people. Once hired, I felt like I was on my own. Hopped on the register and started right away after shadowing another cashier for 30 minutes. Everytime I had questions I had to call for help on the loudspeaker. Need better training. Left after a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experiences. Why did you leave?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Upon arrival I waited 45 min to be interviewed. (the place was extremely busy) I was prompted to take a pre-test ( that I had absolutely no clue about). I am a registered nursing major so I thought working at CVS would be great. I interviewed with the store manager who asked me about 3 questions. I didn't have my resume, which was a bummer and I didn't have complete availability which they needed. No call bk.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CVS Health (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Asked very simple questions. Called to ask you when you were available for an interview. Met the hiring manager the next week and sat down in his office for an interview. Dressed very professional and acted professional as well. Overall, my experience was good and I said yes the same day when he offered me the job on the spot. Overall, my experience was good and I said yes the same day when he offered me the job on the spot. sked very simple questions. Called to ask you when you were available for an interview. Met the hiring manager the next week and sat down in his office for an interview. Dressed very professional and acted professional as well. Overall, my experience was good and I said yes the same day when he offered me the job on the spot. Overall, my experience was good and I said yes the same day when he offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CVS? How did you handle conflict. What was your previous job experience? Did you enjoy helping people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CVS Health (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was very positive and laid back. Although I was contacted 3 months later for an interview, I went in and had a one on one with the manager. Very laid back and didn't feel scared. I felt really comfortable with the manager and we even talked about random things and laughed. Asked about my schedule and experience volunteering as this was my first job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.