CVS Health Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.4

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

months after application was submitted got a call to interview at that point I had even forgot that I applied but still accepted the offer to be interviewed, arrived 15 minutes early and the manager was not prepared for my appointment

Store Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

had a brief conversation with a recruiter on the phone for the 1st interview, literally 6 mins. that's how quick it was. he asked like maybe 4 questions and I couldn't believe that was it. I had to ask him questions for the next 10 mins just to get to 15 mins! and he did not make the position sound like it was worth it but the second interviewer was even worse. spent about an hour with a store manager and she had a packet of questions she was supposed to ask me but we never got through it. she asked me maybe 3 real questions, half heartedly, but stated how she was so bored with interview questions in general but she had to write something down bc she had to turn something in. we literally talked about her employees and how many people start this job and either end up quitting or get fired bc it's just not a fun job and you work so much. definitely didn't make me want the job but I just couldn't believe how unprofessional the entire thing was. I spent over an hour of my time to come out there, drove over 30 miles to the store she was at and she didn't even care to actually get to know me. I felt like we were gossiping over terrible employees she's worked with and how most don't last in that position bc they just can't handle it and only if you love to get sweaty dirty, hands on and work a bajillion hours and put up with crappy people will you like the job. seriously? such an non friendly HR filled hour of my life I won't get back. no surprise I got a rejection email considering she didn't even have anything to turn into her DM about me since she didn't even interview me. what the hell was the point in all that? not that CVS is my dream job but come on. I guess I shouldn't be surprised when you look at the state of the stores and their physical conditions and how ghetto the majority of them are.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with a really crabby old lady that was your employee?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Upon arrival I waited 45 min to be interviewed. (the place was extremely busy) I was prompted to take a pre-test ( that I had absolutely no clue about). I am a registered nursing major so I thought working at CVS would be great. I interviewed with the store manager who asked me about 3 questions. I didn't have my resume, which was a bummer and I didn't have complete availability which they needed. No call bk.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (West Hollywood, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Great interview with district and regional managers! Both were friendly, professional and easy to talk with. They asked good questions, and I asked them good questions as well. They were willing to interview me based on, and they assured me during the interview that my lack of direct experience as a Pharmacy Tech was not a problem as CVS often hires candidates with whom they believe have good potential because they like to train within the CVS system. We discussed next steps, and it appeared that they were pleased with me and the interview.

Interview Questions

• My interests, my capabilities in handling the fast-paced atmosphere, and some simple math questions   1 Answer

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The overall process was simple. I asked for the store manager and we situated ourselves in his office. The store manager was polite and asked me to introduce myself and explain why I wanted to work there. He asked me if I had any questions about the company or the application process.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CVS Health (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed twice over the phone and called into five separate interviews. One time the manager did not show up and his assistant "quasi-interviewed" me...not knowing I had an appointment. Two different managers told me the company was under a "reign of terror", that the job was terrible right now and that long term managers were being let go. A fourth manager was only vaguely interested... he asked the same question 3 times... how long I had actually held my last position.

I believe I had a lot to offer CVS. I am sorry that the morale is so low... I can not help that CVS bought the chain you were trained in and that you hate your employer. If things are so bad perhaps you need to have people conduct the interviews who represent your company better.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Woodland Hills, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Nowadays, many companies ask potential candidates to submit resume online. This process is like tossing a rock into a quicksand, and then straining and waiting patiently hoping to hear a splash. As a pharmacist, once you submitted/completed your application online, get some contact information (emails, phone numbers, etc.) to follow-up. This beats playing the waiting game and reduces the chance that your online application was lost in the shuffle.

Interview Questions

• How do you address the issue of understaffing when the pharmacy is already understaffed and your current pharmacy staff repeatedly make the same, careless mistakes and expressed no desire to improve?   Answer Question