CVS Health Overnight Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Overnight Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (Freeport, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I had gotten a call-back within about 3 days. I went in for my appointment for the interview and sat with the store manager at the time. I had asked about the overnight position and mentioned the price differential of it being for overnight. He then proceeded to act clueless about such a thing. I had to lowball myself in negotiations of pay rate because he told me he couldn't hire me at what I had originally put down. The rate I had asked for on my resume was $10.75.I had to agree to $8.75v to be hired. I also was told I would be placed in the day shifts until I got the feel of the store for 2 to 3 weeks. That turned into there never being a strictly night position. I was given whatever hours whenever. This was not told in the interview.

Interview Questions

• He had only asked about my pay rate and if I could go lower.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Overnight Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health (Temecula, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online one morning in November, and was contacted almost immediately for an interview. The interview process consisted of the store manager explaining what he needed, and asking me about my prior experience. Aside from that, I was given no actual interview questions. It seems he was desperate to get somebody on overnight. Once I was given the job offer, I was told I would have to go to a training facility an hour away, and spend six to eight hours there for orientation (though, it could have easily been done at the local CVS), which was the worst part of the hiring process because Upland, CA is a terrible place.

That's pretty much it. I wasn't given a drug test (I'm told they only drug test people who are being hired for a supervisor, management, or pharmacy position), so that sped things up considerably.

Negotiation

I was offered 50 cents more than I was making at my other job, so I saw no reason to attempt to negotiate.